Spa Mini Suites

moonbeem1961

I am considering booking a spa mini on the Breakaway, I would like to know what's included at the Spa, I know the treatments are not included but would like to know if it!s worth booking or just book a reg balcony and save the extras for a spa pass,also how often can we use the spa if in a Mini. Thank you

I had a spa minisuite on my June Breakaway cruise, and with this cabin and a spa balcony cabin you are able to use all the facilities in the spa all the hours it is opened your entire cruise. Aside from spa access, the only difference between this cabin and a regular balcony cabin is it has lighter wood tones, and the extra space is in the bathroom with larger multi jetted shower and double sink.

Spa minisuites and spa balcony cabins have very small balconies, and for this reason since I like to lounge on the balcony which you can't do on a spa minisuite balcony I would not book this cabin again. Unless things have changed since my cruise, the price of a weekly spa pass was $199 pp. So if it comes out cheaper for you to get a regular balcony cabin with a larger balcony and purchase a spa pass I would go that route.

It was explained to me (originally booked 3 Haven spa suites then switched to spa balconies), the price of a haven spa mini-suite was only a few hundred more per person than a spa mini-suite, when the spa balcony is significantly less from both!!! having stayed in the haven before, it's all relative, haven means more $$ in tipping and since we are gifting the cruise to our girls and their guys i was afraid they would not be able to take advantage of the haven experience since there is so much to do on the ship and the guys have never cruised before…hate wasting money…visions of my husband and I in the Haven's courtyard saying, "where are the kids now?!" LOL!

Edited by rinakop

I went for the spa balcony on Getaway after being in a regular balcony with a spa pass on Breakaway. The balconies are small, yes, but they're small all over the ship unless you get the specific cabins with large balconies, which are more expensive than the spa rooms in some cases. The balcony is certainly not unusable, just small. To truly determine which is better for you, consider the pricing and what you get for it. If you know you want the spa access, check between a regular balcony (or mini) plus the $200 per person for the spa pass and the spa version and see which is cheaper. But remember that you should also determine whether you really need the mini. It's a better shower and slightly larger bathroom, but the rest of the room is identical to the balcony cabin. If the bathroom isn't a deal breaker, save yourself the money and stick to the balcony version. That's exactly what I did.

And, if the small balcony is a deal breaker, try for one of the corner balconies. They're slightly larger than the standard ones, but there's no price increase. Again, that's exactly what I did. :-)

Do the "spa" cabins include different toiletries? I thought I heard they include Bliss products.

Day 1 on my cruise I had one small bottle each of Elemis lotion, shampoo, and conditioner which my husband used which were never replenished. I never recall reading anywhere that I would get these products with my spa minisuite so them not being replenished was no big deal for us as we alway bring our own toiletries.

Having the use of the spa with the thermal pools, various showers, sauna, salt room, etc is great. If you think you'll use them, get a spa room. However, they're on 14 and the noise above them from the deck can be very loud. Chairs constantly being shuffled, stacked, dragged over your head and people running around (sounds like elephants at times). If you're a light sleeper, beware. We just got off the ship and had friends in other spa balconies and minis and they had similar noise issues.

Having the use of the spa with the thermal pools, various showers, sauna, salt room, etc is great. If you think you'll use them, get a spa room. However, they're on 14 and the noise above them from the deck can be very loud. Chairs constantly being shuffled, stacked, dragged over your head and people running around (sounds like elephants at times). If you're a light sleeper, beware. We just got off the ship and had friends in other spa balconies and minis and they had similar noise issues.

I agree with the noise. My balcony had a large pipe running down it which is the water drainage route when the deck above it is washed down. They do this wash down very early in the morning which produced a very loud slushing sound which will probably wake you up if you are a light sleeper. As far as I could see it looked like these pipes were placed in every 4th balcony on this deck.

I agree with the noise. My balcony had a large pipe running down it which is the water drainage route when the deck above it is washed down. They do this wash down very early in the morning which produced a very loud slushing sound which will probably wake you up if you are a light sleeper. As far as I could see it looked like these pipes were placed in every 4th balcony on this deck.

ouch. I hadn't heard of that one yet. it seems the "spa" rooms require spa access because you'll never get to sleep and need a place to relax and crash