Trip insurance companies?

Go to www.insuremytrip.com and input your trip information...you'll get lots of excellent choices there. :)

Personally I've used both CSA and Travelex and have been very happy with the pricing and coverage...thankfully have never needed to make a claim.

Which packages have you used? It is very confusing. I only need to insure our cruise, there is no air involved.

I use Access America. On the net at accessamerica.com or 800--284-8300.

They have several packages. I always take the Access America Deluxe - Comprehensive. It is the package that has the most coverage. The price is based on the cost of the cruise/and airfare if applicable. Its well worth the nominal price.

Which packages have you used? It is very confusing. I only need to insure our cruise, there is no air involved.

Zoe, I've used the Travelex TraveLite policy and the least expensive CSA one, I think it is the Web Direct or something like that. That's plenty of coverage for us. If you click on each of the items when you get the summary page you can see exactly what is and is not covered...read that CAREFULLY, there are differences between the policies, but I've found that both the CSA and Travelex policies have good, basic coverage for trip cancellation, trip interruption, baggage issues and emergencies while traveling (the medical evacuation coverage is a must, in my book).

Hope that helps a little! :)

We use Access America. We've had to make claims twice in the last decade. Access America has paid in full both times without any hassle.

Be prepared though. The price is hardly nominal if you're elderly. A comprehensive policy for my parents (who are in their early 70s) for a one-week cruise cost $255.

Archived