Labadee - Dragon's Tail Coaster

sarbah77

Hi all - for those of you who have gone for a ride on the coaster, how were your knees when you were done? I just had knee surgery and - surprise! - instead of a week on crutches it's going to be 4. My surgeon has said I will be "fine" by our cruise (about 7 weeks from now) and he's incredibly conservative with recovery. My concern is did you feel like your knees were banging around? If so, I'm concerned I'll spend the entire ride panicking (right or wrong!) instead of enjoying the ride!

I didn't get jerked around or banged up, but my nerves were shot because I was pretty scared. The scenery is spectacular though. The ride is worth it just for that.

I do have a caveat for you however. My daugher-in-law is quite short, maybe five two or less. Her difficulty was reaching the hand brakes which is how you control the speed of your coaster. It was quite hard for her to pull up the brakes enough because she couldn't get good leverage having such short arms.

I don't know your height or if this will be the challenge for you as it was for her. And even with her difficulty, she was still able to do it and enjoyed it, though she was satisfied to go just twice and never again.