Two GAPearl reviews in one! Imagination 3 day 11/15 & Sensation 3 day 12/12- PLATINUM

gapearl

View from my seat. I was right there at the stage.

bde06fdc-76bb-49c1-a317-2c8bd82ce7ad_zps30d3b3b7.jpg

La Nouba has a 6 pm and 9 pm show, and I saw the late one. About 10 minutes before each show, a clown or two come come out and mingle with the audience to get you going. They're really funny. Don't be surprised if you end up a part of the act.

3a036118-d1e7-4436-8a70-5d322e06c9e2_zps4c247378.jpg

The show was excellent. These performers come from all over the world and are so very talented. It's hard to fixate your eyes on one thing at a time. There are always performers hanging out in the background of the current act, so the stage is never really empty. Every Cirque show has live music, including singers and a band. Here's a cool piece of trivia for you. Did you know that most of Cirque's music isn't a real language? Nope, it's gibberish put to music with no real meaning.You'd never know it, though. Google "Gamelan" from the "O" soundtrack and listen for yourself. It's one

There was no intermission and the show was over at 10:30 pm. I would definitely recommend adding La Nouba to your itinerary if you will be doing Disney before your cruise. If you're not coming to Orlando any time soon, go to Cirque du Soleil's website and join their email list so you can be notified of when a show will be coming to your area. They're pretty spectacular. I want to be a contortionist in "O" in my next lifetime.

At the end of the show. Photography is not allowed during the show itself. I probably wasn't allowed to take this one either, but hey, I'm a bad girl. That's how I ended up on Santa's naughty list

I was hoping to make one more attempt to see Jackie after the show, but she and her fiancé had taken baby Sophia to see Santa at the mall, had just gotten home when the show let out, and were headed to sleep. Bummer. I was so sad I wouldn't get to see them. After our cruise last year, Jackie and I were going to apply to be on The Amazing Race on CBS until she found out she was pregnant. If you like my reviews, could you imagine seeing it all unfold on tv? LOL I still have dreams of making it to that show, if anyone is brave enough to apply with me. haha

Been reading your reviews and you do a great job! I am hoping to write my first on after I get off the splendor in may 2014!

This cirque show is the first one I saw when we went to orlando for a 2 week family vacate.... it was amazing!!!!!!!

Been a pleasure living vicariously through you for cruises. :)

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

Saturday, 12/14

Day 3- Fun Day At Sea

I woke at 9 am this morning. Working out sounded like a good idea in theory, but it never happened. I showered, put my bathing suit on, and headed to the Fantasy Dining Room for breakfast. Picky and predictable eater here had pancakes, hash browns, chicken sausage, and used my free drink dcoupon to get a mocha chocolate getaway. I was seated with some nice people and we had nice conversation, mostly a lot of cruise talk lol.

dbdef8f8-cebf-4eed-86dc-7a0d5d4e7704_zps1526ace5.jpg

Someone ordered the French toast crusted with fruit loops. Ick, that looks terrible.

9faa5175-c01d-465a-b303-dbcaeec51862_zpse81f57d7.jpg

A basket of pastries for my table to share, as well as my neighbor's steak and eggs.

43fa7f04-7788-4d5e-9809-d773bdb80f4f_zps18b8de33.jpg

I headed straight to the pool when I was done eating. I made it out there around 10:45 am. There were still plenty of chairs available. I actually saw empty chairs all day. The sun was out shining bright, much more than the day before in Nassau. I ordered a Miami Vice and settled in by the pool with my book and took a short nap. I woke around noon when the entertainment staff came on the microphone, indicating all the afternoon pool activities were about to begin. There was the groove for St. Jude (line dancing), ice carving demo, and hairy chest contest. No, I didn't judge again haha. Two of the eight contestants dropped out immediately after the first contestant did his sexy dancing for the judges. They were Indian gentlemen and said they didn't feel comfortable doing that, I suppose for religious reasons. I'm guessing it must have been their first cruise and they had no idea what was to come. The final three guys had to come down off the stage to the pool and do a sexy dance in the shower. That was hilarious. I've never seen that before.

This girl from the entertainment staff agreed to jump in the pool fully dressed if they raised at least like $800 that day in groove for St. Jude. Well she made her goal and kept her promise!

58296dd0-f428-4efb-adb4-fcb3a117f0ef_zpsbe5196f3.jpg

ade5c83e-ff62-4f1c-82ff-de7b0debbea0_zps21be4062.jpg

aa344e72-9c26-40d9-9546-02c4a415fceb_zps0d9936a2.jpg

Around 2 pm, I headed to the rotisserie grill, my favorite place for lunch. Y'all I got there and guess what I saw. I'll give you a hint. It starts with corn and ends with bread. To those of you who might be reading my review for the first time, let me break this down. As a southern girl, I've been quite appalled over the years at what Carnival has tried to pass off as cornbread. Let's take a trip down memory lane, shall we?

Valor, 2011. The post that started it all. You can't put corn on top of bread and call it cornbread.

8c8a52b0-45ef-4f00-a776-f1ba2c35bcea_zps760eb0e7.jpg

Valor, 2013. Not much different than last time, but just a little better.

6e996353-5b59-4a17-82d0-e94cd27202b3_zpsabae9e1d.jpg

Breeze, 2013. Jalapeno cornbread at Fat Jimmy's C-Side BBQ. YASSSSSSSSS!!!!

56015619-6a4f-4e80-a20e-2d73f7dd7d9f_zps8470ea04.jpg

Sensation, 2013. What the H is this?

483e4584-6e9c-4d92-80c8-9fad7af0515f_zps595fe5de.jpg

Now when I saw it in the pan, it really did look like cornbread. I got my hopes up a little, excited that it looked like they finally got it right and that I'd have a delicious compliment to my meal. At a closer glance, hmmmm, this doesn't look like cornbread so much now, but I ate it. I'm a carb lover and this was indeed some good bread. Only thing was IT WAS NOT CORNBREAD!!!!! It had a very familiar taste to it, and I finally realized where I've had this before.

086f5ae2-37ab-4855-9340-3f66377b9b30_zps1a19f2ca.jpg

This was pretty much the exact same bread I had at Cucina del Capitano, the Italian restaurant on the Breeze. It was some good bread, but not cornbread.

Here's my continued advice to Carnival, from my kitchen to yours.

e17383cf-05d3-4f44-b696-74bfee205cd4_zpsb662e40f.jpg

Otherwise, just give it up already. You guys do many things very well, but cornbread just ain't one of them.

After eating, I read some more, napped some more, and left around 4 pm to spend a few minutes in the dry sauna. I got some pictures around the ship, stopped and chatted with a few new friends for a minute, and headed to the lobby to see the snow at 5:15 pm. Cruise director Cory Rogers led us in a few Christmas carols, and then they made it snow. I wonder if they'll make it rain next. :D

fa451261-53a5-4ac6-bca4-9beac84e2c34_zpse3b6a3e1.jpg

1ed39d0d-48e2-45d8-a690-cb612b6fd3ba_zps917037e3.jpg

f31e5633-cf02-4163-b988-bbc2535ec9cc_zpsf427b542.jpg

3d6a0ab9-3975-4b6f-adc3-bd9bad89b7a6_zps3f727305.jpg

1be35b06-84f3-4151-aba7-378a1cfde861_zps3e7e25a0.jpg

I stayed for a few minutes, long enough to get some pictures, and I left. I'm a self proclaimed Scrooge, Grinch, etc. You'll have an easier time finding real cornbread on a Carnival ship than you would trying to get me in the holiday spirit. I went through the shops and bought my Clinique facial cleansers tax free, the next best thing to a free gift with purchase at Dillard's. I made it back to my cabin just before 6 pm. Time to start packing up and getting ready for dinner.

A few more pictures of the holiday decorations.

a3b6f5e5-74ca-48c1-88b5-12571a5491ad_zps91fcecf3.jpg

004a4abc-2ffe-413b-9ad8-19317b0fa4e4_zps7ab454f7.jpg

b3eb38f6-5340-432d-831d-47fe9473b69c_zpsb0922a2a.jpg

84d15268-3b1b-4352-8d08-cd890c59bab5_zpsdbfd5eca.jpg

That feeling you get when you see this.

d610617a-c99b-498a-bfe9-08e97bb2f8e8_zps85d20579.jpg

This must be new. Funny thing is it didn't work until the last day.

69d7a804-d7fb-476b-8bff-0401d1ed60d5_zpsd1672c16.jpg

Otherwise, just give it up already. You guys do many things very well, but cornbread just ain't one of them.

I just had Jiffy cornbread for dinner tonight. It's so easy to make, even I can do it. We like to have cornbread with chili.

Enjoyed reading the review. Have a Merry Christmas!

The four of us were together at dinner once again. Fred treated all the ladies to a glass of wine. What a gentleman! The table next to us was a group of nine ladies that came in late every night. Tonight, they arrived just before 9 pm. Not one or two, but NINE late people. That is so rude! I'm happy Carnival will be implementing the 20 minute rule soon. 45 minutes late to dinner is just unacceptable. This is why I don't travel in big groups. I can imagine that probably half of them were ready on time, and the other half were sitting around waiting for everyone else. Ain't nobody got time for that, said Sweet Brown.

My chicken dinner with extra vegetables and a side of mashed potatoes.

1dab58ea-650f-469f-8dfa-bcc09b0d343b_zps3f97483d.jpg

The shots crew came to us again, hoping to get another sale from Denise and I. It was something with Crown Royal and cranberry and something else. Neither of us were interested. It just didn't sound good. Well they made a trip back later with only two shot glasses left, trying their best to get that last sale. The guy poured a little for her to sample. She liked it and said ok I'll get one. That left them with one glass left to sell. They then guilted me into buying it, saying they'd have to circle the dining room all over again, trying to sell that one glass. How could I say no at that point lol. The guy poured us each a little extra in the unused wine glasses on our table.

f33f8ab9-fcc2-4f7d-8d3b-cdb0de0718b7_zps2285864e.jpg

Cheers!

b4b1028d-3695-4cf9-acd8-b4d04940bdd6_zps06bd1024.jpg

Indications of a nice dinner.

f06f2a86-db64-4ea2-970d-58a93a6bdee6_zpsf20f0d86.jpg

Our entertainment from our servers tonight was Gangham Style. Our waiter, Jeffrey, had me laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. He was dancing alright, but that wasn't Gangham Style!

d79bd439-8be1-4c5c-8a5f-45b27622719a_zpsaf1700a3.jpg

c4244a0b-c97c-4609-9210-3f40a3b43311_zps80b47951.jpg

More dancing.

d6b64d29-285e-4d68-9c38-6805643d0be2_zpsf792e26c.jpg

Me with our awesome and funny waiter Jeffrey.

bea30d8d-0f9f-4f8c-bb80-43f57cf72e74_zps8cd2f2f4.jpg

My dinner companions from the cruise.

8d54197e-eacc-4531-b467-468c3684c37a_zps6c10892f.jpg

dfeb5f65-7123-4e75-847e-4f07b75e4234_zps22293aef.jpg

After dinner, I caught the comedy shows of Kim Harrison and Kelly Terranova. Both were funny and enjoyable. I also took a picture with Santa! This picture is currently in my signature as of today, 12/24, but I might be changing it after the new year.

40ec96ed-4047-4afc-afa1-0fb9322797a9_zps22cdae67.jpg

Not much to tell about the rest of the night. I hung out in the club until maybe 2 am.

My cabin steward left me this. He could have left an elephant, monkey, swan, even the infamous seal va-jay-jay, but no, the single woman on a cruise by herself got a heart. No heart worthy activities happening here tonight. haha

2453febd-fee5-407b-a628-d8b03fab067b_zps31a97137.jpg

Sunday, 12/15

Debarkation

We're back!

3563d74b-0d3a-4ec3-b40c-e6dc11b7ee13_zpsd501d043.jpg

The weekend went by fast. I was up early around 7 am and ready to leave the ship around 8 am. I did self assist debarkation. I knew platinum members got priority debarkation, but I thought I had missed it, so I stood in the looooooong line with everyone else. A member of the entertainment staff saw the lady behind me had a platinum sail and sign card and directed her to the front of the line. I showed her my card too and got to skip the line as well. Customs was quick and I was out the door by 8:20 am. Gone was the warm sun. We now had wind and rain. I was on the first Travel Orlando Transportation shuttle headed to MCO and was back home on my couch by early afternoon.

Leaving Port Canaveral, and there's the Freedom of the Seas. I'll see you again soon honey!

1c5b534f-82bf-4383-ad7c-45a4d992be8a_zps9494d5dc.jpg

Some Sensation thoughts:

• I didn't have any significant issues this cruise. The only thing was getting my platinum gift, pins, and drink coupon. I think that had to do with the fact that I switched cabins at the last minute and there must have been a mix up. I had to bring it up to both my cabin steward and guest services, but I got everything.

• The platinum gift this cruise. It's a really nice bag.

d06c30bb-2bf3-411a-b7bc-c068690e740b_zps2eb03f30.jpg

I only needed one, but he left me two pins.

5abbef62-bc05-4e23-8b39-0a6434ac20c0_zpsa56f8c61.jpg

• I took advantage of the free laundry for platinum cruisers. I left it on my bed for my cabin steward on day 2 and had it back the night of day 3. This is a perk I know I'm going to love. It was great coming home with almost no dirty laundry.

• The DJ in the club sucked.

• It seems this cruise will sometimes stay overnight in Nassau, even though it's not scheduled to. My new friend Matt from the Imagination cruise said they stayed overnight back in the summer. One of our assistant waiters was saying he's the DJ in the crew bar (can you sneak me in please?) and was asked to come DJ at Club Bambu the next week when the ship stays all night. I wish my sailing had been one of the lucky ones. I wonder what's the reason for some sailings getting to stay overnight unscheduled when others don't. Please enlighten me if you have an answer to this.

• I thought that being on big ships my last few cruises, especially the Breeze, might have had me spoiled, but honestly it feel nice being on a smaller ship again. Neither ship really ever seemed crowded. It was nice having a short walk to get from point A to point B. Walking anywhere on the Breeze seemed to take a long time.

• I don't like that the Fantasy class ships don't have a full length mirror in the closet. I've gotten used to that on the Valor and Breeze.

• The comedy shows were NEVER crowded on either cruise, There were always plenty of empty seats, unlike on the Breeze where you had to get in line 30 minutes early.

A couple of other thoughts:

• So many people have such bad things to say about Nassau and I was expecting the absolute worst. However I loved it there! I never encountered any rude or pushy people. From what I do remember of strolling through the straw market, everyone was very nice. I was in search of a couple of lapel pins for my collection. This one lady walked me from stand to stand until she found someone that had them. I'm sorry some people have not had good experiences here. However, I had a great time on both of my visits and would not hesitate to come here again. I definitely want to book the overnight cruise here again for next year, just need to figure out when.

• Some of you might not agree with what I'm going to say next, and that's ok, this is just my personal opinion from my experience. The three day cruises have a reputation for being wild party booze cruises, full of people drinking and living it up and partying as much as they can all day long for three days. Honestly, I didn't notice any behavior any different than on my longer cruises. That's not a bad thing. Were people enjoying a beer by the pool? Yes. Were people dancing the night away in the club? Yes. But the same thing happened on my eight day Breeze cruise as well. If I had to pick one over the other for having more of a party atmosphere, I would say the Imagination. There seemed to be a younger crowd and staying in Nassau all night probably had to do with it. The Sensation cruise had a lot of families and seemed rather mild. I met a lot of people on Imagination that were already platinum or close to it, and met a lot of first and second time cruisers on Sensation. I didn't see any obnoxious or youtube video worthy behavior that would cause me to say I won't book another three day cruise and neither should you. The "party" behavior typically happens at night anyways, so you can join in if you wish or head to your cabin if you don't. If you're hesitant to book a three day cruise, please don't let the bad reputation of them sway your decision. Again, I never witnessed any inappropriate behavior that would make me not want to bring my mom or my 12 year old nephew on either.

Well I guess that's it for now! Thanks again for reading. I need to get to packing so I can head home to Memphis in the morning for Christmas. Happy holidays to you all! :D

It seems this cruise will sometimes stay overnight in Nassau, even though it's not scheduled to. ... I wonder what's the reason for some sailings getting to stay overnight unscheduled when others don't. Please enlighten me if you have an answer to this.

I think Carnival decides kind of last-minute, not sure based on which criteria. All I know is that about a month before my Sensation cruise, I got an e-mail alerting me about an itinerary change: the stay in Nassau was extended until 1:00 AM. It even mentioned enjoying the local nightlife, which I found odd but nice, considering that Carnival would rather have people enjoy nightlife onboard and spend money on drinks. It also said that all of Sensation's April sailings for 2013 were affected.

It seems like the unscheduled overnight stay in Nassau is limited to Sensation. I saw Victory docked right next to my ship in Nassau, along with Majesty of the Seas and Celebrity Equinox. (Interestingly, when I was finalizing my decision, I was torn between Sensation and Victory.) While I was sitting in Senor Frogs with my cruise friends, I saw Victory sail away in late afternoon, as it was, presumably, scheduled. That's when I was really glad I picked Sensation. Then, while stumbling back, I saw my ship all bathed in in bright lights at night. Now, that's a sight the Victory people didn't get to see.

Your Sensation review was great! I found myself looking at different shots and thinking "yup, I was here".

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

I howled when I read your "looking open casket sharp"! I have never heard that expression before and with your permission will use it in the future! Very funny! I have been reading your trip reports in the last few months and have enjoyed them so much. I mean what's not to like? A poster with a terrific upbeat personality, an eye for detail and who offers great travel advice for the ports. I am a very appreciative reader, let me tellya!

My husband and I are doing the B2B on the Breeze in the middle of February. We are middle aged, (don't you love that term- sounds like you are straddling the teeter totter of life), and love to social dance, as in ballroom rhumba, cha cha, foxtrot. Do they have a live band and venue for this kind of dancing on the ship,

Kim? I was too lazy to go back to your Breeze thread to ask this question. Forgive me!

Have a wonderful Christmas and of course, many, many more fun cruises in your future!

Warmest regards,

Cathy

Me too!! My very audible laugh erupted without warning uncontrollably... And DH is asleep! Thank heavens he is a good sleeper--only cannonfire could wake him up!

Very funny expression--with your permission, I'd like to continue using it as well. My mom always said, "Looking clean as the board of health," but I like your "open casket" better, GAPearl !:):)

Around 2 pm, I headed to the rotisserie grill, my favorite place for lunch. Y'all I got there and guess what I saw. I'll give you a hint. It starts with corn and ends with bread. To those of you who might be reading my review for the first time, let me break this down. As a southern girl, I've been quite appalled over the years at what Carnival has tried to pass off as cornbread. Let's take a trip down memory lane, shall we?

Valor, 2011. The post that started it all. You can't put corn on top of bread and call it cornbread.

Valor, 2013. Not much different than last time, but just a little better.

6e996353-5b59-4a17-82d0-e94cd27202b3_zpsabae9e1d.jpg

Breeze, 2013. Jalapeno cornbread at Fat Jimmy's C-Side BBQ. YASSSSSSSSS!!!!

56015619-6a4f-4e80-a20e-2d73f7dd7d9f_zps8470ea04.jpg

Sensation, 2013. What the H is this?

483e4584-6e9c-4d92-80c8-9fad7af0515f_zps595fe5de.jpg

Now when I saw it in the pan, it really did look like cornbread. I got my hopes up a little, excited that it looked like they finally got it right and that I'd have a delicious compliment to my meal. At a closer glance, hmmmm, this doesn't look like cornbread so much now, but I ate it. I'm a carb lover and this was indeed some good bread. Only thing was IT WAS NOT CORNBREAD!!!!! It had a very familiar taste to it, and I finally realized where I've had this before.

This was pretty much the exact same bread I had at Cucina del Capitano, the Italian restaurant on the Breeze. It was some good bread, but not cornbread.

e17383cf-05d3-4f44-b696-74bfee205cd4_zpsb662e40f.jpg

OMG, LOL!! LOL!!:):)

I laughed so hard I could barely catch my breath!!

DH is a great sleeper, but he'll wake up for sure now after the way I just howled out loud!!

Like always another a great review...thanks!!! Well I went through my pile of clothes & instead of removing outfits, I added more...so yes once again I have over packed :eek:. But unlike most, I wear them all...I do so many outfits changes you'd think I was hosting the Grammy's:D. Since this upcoming cruise is a mother/daughter cruise for my moms 65th birthday I've decided I'm gonna have to channel my inner "Kim" so I can enjoy the nightlife when mom turns in...wish me luck!!

Tiana says "Merry Christmas"

TeeTee

I howled when I read your "looking open casket sharp"! I have never heard that expression before and with your permission will use it in the future! Very funny! I have been reading your trip reports in the last few months and have enjoyed them so much. I mean what's not to like? A poster with a terrific upbeat personality, an eye for detail and who offers great travel advice for the ports. I am a very appreciative reader, let me tellya!

My husband and I are doing the B2B on the Breeze in the middle of February. We are middle aged, (don't you love that term- sounds like you are straddling the teeter totter of life), and love to social dance, as in ballroom rhumba, cha cha, foxtrot. Do they have a live band and venue for this kind of dancing on the ship,

Kim? I was too lazy to go back to your Breeze thread to ask this question. Forgive me!

Have a wonderful Christmas and of course, many, many more fun cruises in your future!

Warmest regards,

Cathy

Absolutely! Feel free to use it! Here's another one- I'm so broke I'm broker than the 10 commandments. lol :D

I want to say yes, you should be able to find more ballroom style dancing. There was live music in the atrium/lobby every night, and plenty of people were down there dancing. There was a lot of live music at night, so I'm sure you will have no shortage of finding a place to get your cha cha on. Have a great time on your cruises! :)

Yes, I love your new hairstyle.

It really suits you.

Thank you!

This is the first time I've read a review about a ship that I'm not going on but I loved your Breeze review so much that when I saw your name again with another review I subscribed right away. You seem to have so much fun on your trips. I wish I could mingle in with strangers the way you do. You meet so many great people. I am shy and could never cruise alone. Thanks for keeping me entertained. :)

Thanks for reading! Maybe you'll book one of these next. I used to be shy to a certain extent myself. I've really opened up a lot since I've hit my 30's. Maybe you'll outgrow your shyness too one day. ;) So glad you enjoyed!

:)

Day 1 San Juan -depart 10pm

Day 2 St Croix 8-4

Day 3 Martinique 10-6

Day 4 Grenada 8-4

Day 5 Dominica 8-4

Day 6 Sea Day

Day 7 Grand Turk 9-5

Day 8 Sea Day

Miami

Have a Merry Christmas!

Must. Book. Now. I need to be on that ship. Merry Christmas to you too!

Am I reading this right?! did you really say 60 pairs of shoes?! as in 6 followed by 0?! I thought only my second mother was that excessive in her shoe purchases. I had to laugh when you were ranting about the impromptu tour guides and how loud and terrible they were.. granted when i was in the Bahamas they were pretty entertaining.. maybe what I find entertaining is not in line with the consensus.

No KMAs this time?? you seem to make friends rather easily.. I hate when i want to party and the DJ seems to be tone death and cannot grab the vibe of a room. Dude really had his persistence meter on way high.. while I am generally not afraid of rejection being turned down that many times might just hurt my swag just a little.

cannot help but notice the tatoo.. maybe i missed it the first few reviews but you mind telling me what the tatoo is because my eyes cannot seem to make it out?

Yes, a 6 and a 0. And the only flats I own are flip flops and running shoes. I can spend an hour at DSW trying on shoes. :D The guides were terrible, ugh. No KMA this trip. I wanted to make elegant night lol. I was tempted to order another one, but decided not to. Next trip though, I'm sure I will. haha The DJs on Carnival are so hit or miss. On the Imagination he was great, on Sensation he sucked. He was playing what he wanted to hear, not necessarily what the crowd wanted to hear. Hurt your swag lol. My tattoos mean love and beauty. Japanese kanji was popular back in the late 90's. I got them literally the month after I turned 18 and could get a tattoo, and it was the best thing I could come up with. :rolleyes: I want to cover them up with a phoenix. I have a tattoo on my lower back as well.

Absolutely agree!!

Kim....love, love, love. I so look forward to your reviews, as many do. You are indeed, a gem. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us. ;)

Awww, you're so kind! Thank you so much! :)

Here comes the Enchantment OTS, backing that aft up into her parking space.

6bcf5f2f-0291-4666-9d9c-84873958af26_zps81304eaa.jpg

Ironically, I could have ended up here, on this day, on this Enchantment sailing. This time last year, some friends from church suggested I put together an end of the year trip for 2013. Sweet! I can do that! It would be a first cruise for most, and they all have 9-5 jobs, so I was looking for something around the 4 day range. It came down to the Enchantment and Sensation, and I ultimately decided the Enchantment had a better itinerary (Nassau and Coco Cay vs. Nassau and Freeport), was a better ship, and the price was the same. Unfortunately the trip never happened. Better luck next year.

The welcome center.

29e57369-b340-46eb-88df-8f485c1f1f18_zps80c5cb3a.jpg

6bbdf202-8351-410a-bac3-217f00b0f935_zpscabbfed6.jpg

I wanted to visit here at some point, but didn't get to on either cruise.

36a22ee0-7cbf-4d32-a66c-dd89eff8cbef_zps90430559.jpg

b8f936e0-1483-4ac3-ac4a-8cfa42819004_zps6679633f.jpg

The famous straw market.

d100df05-0329-4295-b513-27c4a0e81e15_zps9df03ccb.jpg

Hi Kim! Nice to read another of your reviews. You didn't miss anything by skipping Sharkeez. Terrible service in that place even if you sit at the bar....