What does your PVP do?

DaisyGirl55

The answer to the question is, "nothing that I can't do for myself"... I have had a PVP call me about a couple cruises I had in mind, and I already knew the pricing details ahead of time, and he just re read what I already had seen on the site... I guess PVP's are good if you don't own a computer, then they can do it all for you. But really, you can do it yourself if you are pc literate.

Now start firing off the arrows at me

I have a PVP that I use when I book my Carnival cruise. He helps with the occasional issue or answers a question or two. Mostly, I know the ship, the date, and even the cabin when I call him. He books it and takes my deposit. After that, I do not usually hear from him.

He is not the quickest in response time wither by email or by phone, and when I want to talk to him - it usually takes me several attempts before we connect.

So my question is this: What does your PVP do for you? Should I expect more? Do I really need a dedicated PVP or just talk to whoever answers the phone when I call Carnival?

Okay - that is several questions...:p

Can someone clear this up for me??

i have a pvp that i use when i book my carnival cruise. He helps with the occasional issue or answers a question or two. Mostly, i know the ship, the date, and even the cabin when i call him. He books it and takes my deposit. After that, i do not usually hear from him.

He is not the quickest in response time wither by email or by phone, and when i want to talk to him - it usually takes me several attempts before we connect.

So my question is this: What does your pvp do for you? Should i expect more? Do i really need a dedicated pvp or just talk to whoever answers the phone when i call carnival?

Okay - that is several questions...:p

can someone clear this up for me??

hi---what does our pvp do for us---well--we made a friend of him---we are friendly people----and he knows we are retired military--so----when a good military fare come up--he sends an e-mail or calls----now they are not at their desk 24 hrs a day--they do have a life---but we have his schedule--no problem---enjoy working with him----he also advises us where the best cabin for us--would be----he works for us--maybe you don't give him a chance---we have had 58 cruises with carnival and have 4 more in the future----so relax and enjoy----irene and john

DW and I have used the same PVP for 8+ years, and while they have handled our booking, nothing spectacular has happened. We already have decided which cabin we want, and know the price going in. After booking, no contact from the PVP, nor do we hear back from him after our cruise, as some have posted here. Is this good, bad, or indifferent? They are in business to book cruises on CCL, therefore not in my circle of friends. He doe what I request, that is book our cruise, and to me, that is what I want him to do. Only time I hear from him is when he notices I have been on the CCL web site looking at various cruises. Thus, I look at other sites to keep him from calling and asking if I' ready to book a cruise.

Exactly my experience. To the T.

Mine does nothing for us. She had the nerve to call 2 days before our last cruise and ask us how our cruise was. She did not even know the date of our cruise. We were celebrating DHs birthday on our cruise and all she said was " That's nice."

We did not use her to book our current cruise. We booked 2 cabins that she was not able to secure for us thru Carnival with no trouble at all.