FTTF Question

br7210

If I am booking two rooms for a cruise (all together one booking) do I need a FTTF for both rooms??? I'm not worried about both rooms being ready....just looking to drop off luggage and sodas plus beat the crowds on the boat to begin our cruise and off the boat at a tender port. Thanks for any help you can give me on this.

Two cabins = two bookings. Each cabin has it's own booking number.

You can purchase FTTF for only one cabin, if you wish. If you're only concerned about dropping off all luggage into one cabin, that's the way to go.

But the non-FTTF cabin will not receive the other perks (such as the cabin being ready).

If you only do one cabin, the occupants of the other cabin will not have priority boarding, use of the priority guest services line, or priority debark. They will also not be able to access their room or get quicker luggage delivery. So it's all up to you.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You can purchase FTTF for only one cabin, if you wish. If you're only concerned about dropping off all luggage into one cabin, that's the way to go.

But the non-FTTF cabin will not receive the other perks (such as the cabin being ready).

I see you posted while I was typing the same thing.

Edited by RWolver672

This.

The good thing is that it covers everyone in the room. I'm sure they will soo modify that so that everyone in the cabin must purchase it.

So when I am booking selecting two staterooms...I will get two different booking numbers? So this will mean for all of us to get priority check in we will need a FTTF booking for both rooms? I was hoping that getting 1 FTTF might allow us all to check-in at the same time?

So when I am booking selecting two staterooms...I will get two different booking numbers? So this will mean for all of us to get priority check in we will need a FTTF booking for both rooms? I was hoping that getting 1 FTTF might allow us all to check-in at the same time?

Oh Lord, the problems Carnival creates for themselves with these programs! You could just try printing off all the docs for your one room that has FTTF booked on it and bringing occupants of both rooms with you at check in and boarding. $50 is $50!

FTTF is per cabin. Doesn't matter how you book it.

If you want all to have the FTTF perks, it must be purchased for both cabins.

FTTF is worth it, just buy it for both cabins. It goes by cabin, not by the size of your party. The cabin being accessible right away and priority tendering was well worth it to us! Enjoy your trip!

After all the great advice I decided that I was getting an FTTF for both rooms...what's another $50...compared to the amount I'm spending already (but as someone stated earlier $50 is $50 dollars) so I booked tonight and wouldn't you know it FTTF is sold out anyway!!!! Im

sailing in June....can they already be sold out? I've read to keep looking but now I'm worried I will not be able to snag 2 for both rooms....any tips on this please help!!,

After all the great advice I decided that I was getting an FTTF for both rooms...what's another $50...compared to the amount I'm spending already (but as someone stated earlier $50 is $50 dollars) so I booked tonight and wouldn't you know it FTTF is sold out anyway!!!! Im sailing in June....can they already be sold out? I've read to keep looking but now I'm worried I will not be able to snag 2 for both rooms....any tips on this please help!!,

You just need to keep checking. They may release more slots closer to sail.

After all the great advice I decided that I was getting an FTTF for both rooms...what's another $50...compared to the amount I'm spending already (but as someone stated earlier $50 is $50 dollars) so I booked tonight and wouldn't you know it FTTF is sold out anyway!!!! Im sailing in June....can they already be sold out? I've read to keep looking but now I'm worried I will not be able to snag 2 for both rooms....any tips on this please help!!,

Keep checking. Sometimes they open up new FTTF spots. Especially close to sail date.

My cruise was sold out when I booked but low and behold the other day it opened up for more cabins so check everyday. Act quickly!

Keep checking. Sometimes they open up new FTTF spots. Especially close to sail date.

I had the same issue. I booked for 2 rooms but only purchased FTTF for one room for access to the room to drop off our carryons. BUT, the more I thought of it, we wouldn't have been able to board together so I went to buy the 2nd one and they were sold out :(

I checked every day. I read that sometimes within 30 days of sailing they release more. So as of today, I'm 24 days out :D and low and behold, this morning there was one :eek:. Someone must have cancelled. Needless to say, I grabbed it before it was gone. Just keep looking and hopefully they will open more up for your sailing.

I would have been fine without it. I would have just went to get mine and my DD Sign & sail Cards and waiting in line with my DH, DS and DS to board together but now I don't have to.

Like you said, whats another $50 when your spending mucho dollars anyway ;)

Edited by girlscruise2011

If I am booking two rooms for a cruise (all together one booking) do I need a FTTF for both rooms??? I'm not worried about both rooms being ready....just looking to drop off luggage and sodas plus beat the crowds on the boat to begin our cruise and off the boat at a tender port. Thanks for any help you can give me on this.

Two things to keep in mind. If you only get FTTF for one cabin, only the bags that go to that cabin will get tagged "Priority". So those traveling with you, but staying in a different cabin, will not get their luggage when you do (if that's important). Also, as you hand your luggage to the porter at the terminal, be sure you tell him to tag them "Priority". Otherwise, you may not get your luggage delivered to your cabin early.:(

Thanks for the info guys I will be sure and check on it every day...is there any rhyme or reason to how many they sale?

I'm sure it varies somewhat, but the average seems to be about 30 per cruise, depending on how many Platinum and Diamond cruisers are booked on a particular cruise (they get first priority before FTTF). As others have recommended, check daily. Good luck.

Oh Lord, the problems Carnival creates for themselves with these programs! You could just try printing off all the docs for your one room that has FTTF booked on it and bringing occupants of both rooms with you at check in and boarding. $50 is $50!

Please don't give people incorrect advice.

With FTTT you cannot bring guests from 2 cabins to check in together and expect to get priority boarding for everyone (unless you're Platinum on the same CC, but that's another can of worms).

The agents will clearly see who has FTTF and who doesn't and will give out the zone card accordingly.

I did the same thing and only ended up with 1 FTTF and 2 rooms. We are across the hall from one another so I plan on putting FTTF tags on all the checked luggage to get it there faster. Then I'm loading up my BF and DS with carry on luggage since they get priority boarding. My daughter and I will board later but with a lighter load :)

We get to the pier around 10:30 - boarding usually starts around 11 to 11:30 (in Galveston). I know from experience, only the people booked in the cabin and whose cabin has paid for FTTF, will be allowed priority boarding. Your friends cannot sit in the same zone. In my opinion, FTTF is well worth the price.

I did the same thing and only ended up with 1 FTTF and 2 rooms. We are across the hall from one another so I plan on putting FTTF tags on all the checked luggage to get it there faster. Then I'm loading up my BF and DS with carry on luggage since they get priority boarding. My daughter and I will board later but with a lighter load :)

Like this idea!