Settling the On Board Account

Tug10

I am due to sail on the Queen Victoria this Saturday ( getting very excited now) and although I don't want to wish my cruise away, I was just thinking about settling my on board account towards the end of my travels.

I know you can settle in US dollars but I was wondering if anyone knows if I can settle the account in cash using Euros or English pounds?

I prefer to settle up in cash rather than pay off the pre-registered credit card.

Thanks

I am due to sail on the Queen Victoria this Saturday ( getting very excited now) and although I don't want to wish my cruise away, I was just thinking about settling my on board account towards the end of my travels.

I know you can settle in US dollars but I was wondering if anyone knows if I can settle the account in cash using Euros or English pounds?

I prefer to settle up in cash rather than pay off the pre-registered credit card.

Thanks

You can, but the currency will be converted at a poor (?) on board rate into US Dollars so you would be better advised to take dollars with you.

From https://ask.cunard.com

How do I settle my on board account?

At the start of your voyage, you will be asked to register a credit card. The balance of your account at the end of your voyage will automatically be charged to this card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Visa/Mastercard Debit, American Express, and Diners Card.

If you prefer to pay with cash, please speak to the purser after embarkation.

We cannot accept cheques, travellers cheques, Switch / Maestro cards, Corporate cards, Solo, Visa Electron or prepaid credit cards.

Which currency is used on board?

Your on board account will be charged in US$. Should you wish for this to be converted into UK Sterling, please notify reception on board. A 3% conversion charge will be applied to your account if you wish your on board account to be displayed in sterling. ...

Thanks

Check your Credit Card - some have excellent rates of exchange, better than converting cash. Halifax Clarity is my favourite.

Cunard and other cruiselines will give you a poor exchange rate. Although they can convert your account into sterling when charging it to a card, I am not sure if they would be interested in accepting cash sterling as they do not deal in sterling. The exchange rates used by mastercard/visa are the bulk rates so always better than available on the high street even for the best places in London.