question about Jamaica tour operators

autiger30

I have 2 different quotes from two different operators both doing the same thing while in Jamaica. One of them is 30 cheaper per person. What I am asking is there a difference between Liberty Tours and Courtney Taylor Tours. Has anyone taken either of these or both. Thanks in advance

Family members have used both those tour companies. Hands down, we would use Liberty Tours again. Ricardo was the best tour guide we have ever experienced. We were able to design our own tour and did what we wanted do. We went to Irie Blue Hole, and spent more time there than was originally planned because we were all having such a good time. I did notice other tour groups come and go while we were there. It just seemed to me that the tour guides were constantly reminding their group they had to "move on" to the next stop. They seemed very rushed. You will not get that with Liberty.

Thanks for the replies, I think we will go with Liberty, Taylor tours had some bad reviews on trip advisor and Liberty didn't

Our group of eight used Liberty Tour Jamaica with Ricardo in August while on Allure and I highly recommend this company.

Everything went smoothly as planned. We had spoken to Ricardo before we arrived quite a few times via email and phone. He was inside the port an hour before our arrival waiting to greet us. You will get more personalized service with him because of a smaller sized group. He will acomodate your tour as to when and where you want to go. I saw the Taylor's large bus waiting for the larger group. I was glad I wasnt on that. As soon as Ricardo gathered us, he whisked us off and we were on our way to Secret Falls being one of the first to arrive.

Go on trip Advisor and see my review with pictures. This was the best day of our cruise and I have Ricardo to thank for it, who made our day very memorable. I will be using Liberty again when I return to Jamaica.

Edited by rosebud1g

I have 2 different quotes from two different operators both doing the same thing while in Jamaica. One of them is 30 cheaper per person. What I am asking is there a difference between Liberty Tours and Courtney Taylor Tours. Has anyone taken either of these or both. Thanks in advance

We just used Liberty Tours Jamaica last month and were very pleased with the service we recieved. Our driver was Aden, who promptly met us at the port of Falmouth upon our ship's arrival. We had an adventureous day at Secret Falls. This was amazingly beautiful with turquoise water, waterfalls, hidden caves, and an excieting tarzan rope swing. I had never seen anything like it, pure paradise. It truly is a secret, very secluded and quiet. You will have a peaceful day with Liberty Tours, away from the crowded ship tours. I have recommended Liberty to my cruise friends, and family. This was one of the best private tours our family has ever done.

We just used Liberty Tours Jamaica last month and were very pleased with the service we recieved. Our driver was Aden, who promptly met us at the port of Falmouth upon our ship's arrival. We had an adventureous day at Secret Falls. This was amazingly beautiful with turquoise water, waterfalls, hidden caves, and an excieting tarzan rope swing. I had never seen anything like it, pure paradise. It truly is a secret, very secluded and quiet. You will have a peaceful day with Liberty Tours, away from the crowded ship tours. I have recommended Liberty to my cruise friends, and family. This was one of the best private tours our family has ever done.

I so agree with you. This place is paradise. It blows Dunns River Falls away!. You even get added adventure on the road to Irie, LOL!! And Liberty Tours is the way to go!!

I so agree with you. This place is paradise. It blows Dunns River Falls away!. You even get added adventure on the road to Irie, LOL!! And Liberty Tours is the way to go!!

Thanks! Sounds like your tour was just as fun! You are right- the road to get there was hilly and bumpy, but we got there in one piece! You would never expect that road to lead to paradise! I can't say enough good things about Liberty, we were very pleased with our entire day, we didnt want it to end! Aden even kept the locals from trying to sell their goods to us when sight seeing in Shaw Park. Looking forward to going back and doing this same tour again!

How long was the ride from Falmouth to the Secret Falls?

I too would like to know how far the trip is. Also, how long does it take them to get back to you on email? I emailed a few days ago and haven't heard back.

So the Secret Falls trip is better than Dunn River Falls?

I do not know how far the Secret Falls is from Falmouth. I went there from Ochos Rios. But I am sure someone will have input on the details.

I personally and my entire family feel Secret Falls is 100% better than Dunns River Falls. Dunns River is very crowded. We would never go there again. However, we would return to the Secret Falls. The only way I can describe it is "Paradise in Jamaica".

Did you email Liberty Tours?? They always get back to you immediately or usually no longer than a 24 hour period. That is one of the things that is so special about them. You can not beat their Customer Service.

OK ENOUGH:mad:, I am sure by now many persons realized:rolleyes: that two posters are advertising for a certain company "Liberty with Ricardo" and in the process trying to bring down the more popular guides in Jamaica that have been around for years (Users twinbee, rosebud1g).:mad:

Did a research on the history of both persons post and no where did it say they have been with other tour guides but yet they compare them. Honesty is the best policy and trying to brain wash persons is wrong. You guys do a great job in posting but you need not to be adverting like this yet alone try to bring down others by telling lies.

I honestly think you should be banned and ask that the moderate of this forum look into the policies of this board so persons like your self whom might be working for the same company may not have privileges of this sort.

I find your post very offensive!! How dare you call me a lair!! I do not work for any tour company. I am not trying to bring down any other tour companies. People ask for opinions and experiences, and I have given mine. I am sorry they do not compare to yours, but like I said, these are mine!! I have personally used other tour companies while on vacation in Jamaica in the past (land vacations). Right now I could say the same about you. Why would someone stating what a wonderful time they had with a tour company bother you so much?? Is it you who works for one of the "other" tour companies?

I am sorry that my wonderful experience I had in Jamaica and sharing that experience offends you so much. Jamaica gets a bad rap most of the time. Letting people know that if you find a great tour company you can really enjoy this beautiful island instead of staying on the ship should not be a crime.

It took us about an hour each way to get there, mostly because it was raining and a few times we got stuck behind some work trucks. It depends on the time of year you are going as well. From now until April you have to consider how many ships are in port,(Falmouth and Ocho Rios) is the busy time.

In the summer its not so busy. Some of the ships go back to Europe for the summer. Don't let the drive time persuade you, It really was a beautiful place and the driver helps pass the time!

@benthen1234, just looked at your posts here on CC. Something seems "fishy" to me. All your posts (total of 5) seem to be promoting a tour with a certain tour company in Jamaica?? Wondering who you work for??

YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!

scroll down to post #344, there you go!

benthen1234 is PROMOTING Courtney Taylor Tours.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40745709#post40745709

OK ENOUGH:mad:, I am sure by now many persons realized:rolleyes: that two posters are advertising for a certain company "Liberty with Ricardo" and in the process trying to bring down the more popular guides in Jamaica that have been around for years (Users twinbee, rosebud1g).:mad:

Did a research on the history of both persons post and no where did it say they have been with other tour guides but yet they compare them. Honesty is the best policy and trying to brain wash persons is wrong. You guys do a great job in posting but you need not to be adverting like this yet alone try to bring down others by telling lies.

I honestly think you should be banned and ask that the moderate of this forum look into the policies of this board so persons like your self whom might be working for the same company may not have privileges of this sort.

SHAME on you for saying inappropriate comments, as you did. Just who exactly are those other posters bringing down? How do you know they are telling lies? I have been reading these Jamaica boards for a long time before myself and my family went on a cruise last month. I emailed other companies for prices and number of people, and sorry to say Courtney Taylor did not have a "One size fits all." Meaning that company may not be the right fit for everyone on this board, including my family. Where we live its called "AMERICA", where we have FREEDOM to choose. Yes, the Taylor Tour Company may have been around for a long time making them "popular", but that does not give them the right to dictate

newer tour companies such as Liberty Tours NOT to be able to provide tours just because they are the new kids on the block.

Sounds like jealousy to me.

If you didn't notice Twinbee needed special assistance and RICARDO and Liberty Tours was the ONLY company that offered her what she needed, such as a bus for 17 people and one that could accommodate her wheelchair. She was not getting any replies back from the OTHER companies.

Your ENGLISH is horrible. You have run on sentences with no periods or comma's which leads me to believe you are from Jamaica. If anyone should be banned on these boards it should be YOU. The MODERATORS (take note of the ORS at the end of the word) of this forum hopefully are reading this board and see that you are advertising for Taylors, and it's not persons, its PEOPLE.

I won't make a response regarding benthen1234's comment as their post does appear inappropriate.

I have used Liberty Tours in 2012 and 2013's cruises and thoroughly enjoyed the experience both times. If it helps to see what I have done on my recent excursion with Liberty Tours, please feel free to look at my reviews, which can be found in my signature.

There are other tour guides out there, and people do need to do their own research, including looking at sites such as Tripadvisor and one should make their decisions based on their needs, requirements and reviews on the respective tour guides.

Autiger30, I hope you enjoy your time in Ocho Rios. If time permits, ask Ricardo to take you to the Fire Water. Apparently it is amazing.

Please do come back and write a review regarding Liberty Tours, as I am sure it will help others who are looking to do independent tours in Jamaica.