A question about what food can be bought onboard

Boof80

With the release of the new menus on the Glory it is with dismay that we noted that the cheese platter is gone. We were looking forward to sitting on our balcony drinking wine and nibbling cheese and biscuits especially on sea days.

I don't mind BYOing the snacks but are we actually allowed to bring proper cheese onboard? By proper cheese I mean not the long life chemical full cheese in a can or Kraft block that has an expiry date of 2 years laters.

If we cannot bring it onboard is there another option to get some cheese? Maybe from the buffet?

Thanks in advance.

Boof

Edited by Boof80

There will be cheese on the evening buffet.

Is it just slices? or proper block cheese? Sorry but American sliced cheese just tastes like plastic to us. Looking for things like english cheddar, gouda, swiss, camembert etc.

In the morning there is usually some decent cheese on the breakfast buffet.

I know there is good swiss and some other white cheese.

Maybe cheddar too, but there are at least two varieties.

And several kinds of sliced meat; thin ham always and some other kinds too.

I do know that it is good on a croissant.:D

Oh, you could probably get decent cheese from the sandwich stand too.

Edited by mzloolue

Thanks everyone. Everyone has answered just about every question.

Does anyone know if I can bring my own cheese onboard as well? We have the extended aft balcony plus the one next door and we expect our other friends to drop in on us to take advantage of our lovely extended balcony. Don't mind buying the cheese platter of I have to but it might to pricey over a 7 day cruise and I would feel like a bit of a cheese hog taking too much from the buffet.

Thanks everyone. Everyone has answered just about every question.

Does anyone know if I can bring my own cheese onboard as well? We have the extended aft balcony plus the one next door and we expect our other friends to drop in on us to take advantage of our lovely extended balcony. Don't mind buying the cheese platter of I have to but it might to pricey over a 7 day cruise and I would feel like a bit of a cheese hog taking too much from the buffet.

I would say you can if its in an original packaging and not opened at all. I worry where you will store it if it needs refrigeration. the mini fridge is not very cold

you might have a problem if you bought cheese that is not in a prepackaged fully sealed container

Edited by hftmrock

I would say you can if its in an original packaging and not opened at all. I worry where you will store it if it needs refrigeration. the mini fridge is not very cold

you might have a problem if you bought cheese that is not in a prepackaged fully sealed container

I have heard that about the fridges. How are they at keeping medication cold? If it wont keep cheese cold enough then it certainly wont keep my wifes meds cold enough either.

With the release of the new menus on the Glory it is with dismay that we noted that the cheese platter is gone. We were looking forward to sitting on our balcony drinking wine and nibbling cheese and biscuits especially on sea days.

I don't mind BYOing the snacks but are we actually allowed to bring proper cheese onboard? By proper cheese I mean not the long life chemical full cheese in a can or Kraft block that has an expiry date of 2 years laters.

If we cannot bring it onboard is there another option to get some cheese? Maybe from the buffet?

Thanks in advance.

Boof

I sometimes bring snacks onboard. I don't think you'd have a problem with that. You might have a problem bringing it into the country from Australia though when going through customs depending on type.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/82/~/travelers-bringing-food-into-the-u.s.-for-personal-use

There is sliced cheese on the buffet; mild cheddar, Swiss, and provolone. They are real cheeses and not the processed cheese food you mentioned. I would ask in the main dining room for a cheese plate even though it might not be on the menu.

Have a great cruise.