Carnival Zip-Lining Excursion in Jamaica

MickeyNicki

I posted this same question under the ports of call section and Jamaica, but since it is a Carnival excursion I thought I might get more people who had experienced one of these over here.

I am looking at two different excursions in Montego Bay, Jamaica through Carnival. I don't usually go through the cruise lines, but since one is about 2 hours from the ship, I would want to be safe on time. The first is the Chukka Canopy Experience (8 hrs.) and YS Falls $115/ person, the second is Canopy Tour Adventures (4 hrs.) $99/person. Pricing is too close to give consideration. One is obviously farther away given the time difference. Has anyone every been on either of these that could give me your opinion? We are a family of 4. Two kids 10 and 12. They are both very adventurous and one has been zip-lining before and loved it. The minimum age on both is 6 years. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

We did the canopy tour adventure twice once in 2009 and again in April 2013. We loved it. Would have liked to go to ys falls but felt it was too far away. We had never ziplined before. It was exhilarating. Had ages 25 to 68 with us and everyone had a blast. There were also 2 kids 9 and 10 in the group of other cruisers with us. They also loved it. The guides were friendly and fun. They checked and rechecked our hooks or whatever they are and made us feel safe and secure. There were about 7 zips various lengths and heights. On the way there the driver talked and told jokes and pointed out various things along the way. The roads were 2 lanes narrow and curvy and sometimes there are big potholes making the cars drive into the other lane to avoid them. So the ride up to the rainforest is an adventure in itself. I would recommend this excursion.

Since it is a cruiseline excursion, you should feel free to go on the longer excursion. How long are you in port for?

Ziplining is perfect for 10 & 12 year olds!

We are in port from 9 to 6. The only reason I would consider the longer excursion is if we went through Carnival, to be on the safe side with time. Thank you for the replies so far!