Missing Honeymooner- What Cabin??? How is the Brilliance?????

We were on the Brilliance on 4/27/06. It was our 2nd time on the ship & loved it both times. After following the Honeymooners story for many months on the TV, I knew their cabin #. It was #9062 on the Port side. We were also on Deck 9 on the Port side. We happened to walk by 9062 on the way to our cabin so I took a couple pictures of the door with the cabin #. I was hoping no one would open the door when I did it. It was very strange to finally be on the Brilliance & see the cabin door.

When we got to Aruba, we could see Carlos 'n Charlies from our balcony where Natalie Holloway had been.

You will love the Brilliance. It's possible we might go on it someday again.

Gail

• 2 years later...

three years ago today since he got married and four days before he and his new wife set off on his ill-fated cruise apparently - just discovered we are 6 cabins away on our BOS cruise next summer

Sure glad not many feel that way - both my parents died in their house 4 months apart (cancer, not murder). We'd have never sold it!

I agree! 100% I even ask when buying a home if anyone has been known to die in it! The thought of living somewhere that someone died creeps me out! Not to mention the thought of blood being in the carpet.

What if he was in a cabin that you had booked for a future cruise? Would you cancel it? I wouldn't.

I would be livid if I found I was in that cabin. In my opinion a cabin with that sort of history should never again be allocated to a paying passenger.

The cabin should be permanently allocated to crew use.

I would be livid if I found I was in that cabin. In my opinion a cabin with that sort of history should never again be allocated to a paying passenger.

That would mean there would be a lot of vacant houses around where people had had accidents and or had been murdered.

three years ago today since he got married and four days before he and his new wife set off on his ill-fated cruise apparently - just discovered we are 6 cabins away on our BOS cruise next summer

So what :confused: Why on earth has this thread been resurrected after over 2 years :rolleyes:

WHY?

I once stayed in an upgrade hotel room.

It was very nice..very plush more so

than any of the other rooms.

(I was working.. a career pilot and, I stayed

at this lay-over hotel every so often.)

When I inquired about WHY that room was so special,

I found out some guy was asleep in that room previously,

someone (his wife) clubbed him to death, then,

sat him and, the room on fire....the room was completely

renovated, up-graded and, and it was the end room of the building.

Whenever I stayed in that hotel, I always asked for that hotel room.

No one ever bothered me there..and, it was real quiet too.

I often wondered how many people stayed in that room, to this day and, never knew the history of that room? ;)

Also, my daughter was married in the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park CO.

Remember that movie with Jack Nicholson, called "THE SHINING"?

They show that movie on the TV in the rooms around the clock.

We would have crew staying all over the ship. I personally have been on 3 cruises where a passenger has died. All have been very elderly (not a bad way to go).

I don't see how someone dying in a house would affect your purchase. Any older house has probably had someone die in it.

Now, someone being murdered and the murderer in prison slated to get out--that could give me pause--what if s/he got out and wanted to come "home"?

So what :confused: Why on earth has this thread been resurrected after over 2 years :rolleyes:

Why does anyone post anything, unless they think it's of interest? No need for the catty response.

If you must know, I just happened to be looking at Brilliance on wikipedia and saw the guy's name, looked it up and saw today's date in an article and then found this thread on the web, frankly, I was surprised it added to it

Archived