online signup-no credit card required?

bedfordmom

After a NCL hiatus, we are taking a February cruise on the GEM. I completed the online signup today and was surprised that we weren't asked for our credit card. I thought that was unusual as we had to give the credit card numbers to CC and RCL during their online signups Did I miss something?

Do you mean mean you filled the edocs?

CC is not asked for except for deposit, shows, restaurant and excursion bookings prior to your cruise.

You will be asked for CC when you do the embarkment in order to get cabin key card.

Edited by Ilovesailing

Do you mean mean you filled the edocs?

CC is not asked for except for deposit, shows, restaurant and excursion bookings prior to your cruise.

You will be asked for CC when you do the embarkment in order to get cabin key card.

Yes I am referring to the e-docs. so unlike cc and RCL I don't have to provide my credit card unless I am prepaying an excursion etc.Yes I am surprised just adds extra time at check in Thanks

For some reason they don't all you to set up your on board account online like other cruise lines it's done at the pier..

Get with the times ncl

It really isn't a big convenience to give your cc number in advance. You still have to produce the card and sign the receipt so they can charge to it. NCL is very efficient with their check-ins so it is really not an issue; check-in takes very little time.

Have the posters here had a different check-in experience with NCL? Do tell so we can all benefit from your experience. ;)

Yes I am referring to the e-docs. so unlike cc and RCL I don't have to provide my credit card unless I am prepaying an excursion etc.Yes I am surprised just adds extra time at check in Thanks

On other cruise lines I have been I have always had to show the card at check-in even if I gave the number in advance.

After the revelation of the massive security breach with Target, I'm glad Norwegian isn't storing our cc numbers.

It's no different. Of course NCL stores the credit card information about cruise payments, prepaid restaurant payments, onboard account payments, etc. Target breach was about card information swiped in the terminals in their stores, not online - exactly the same could happen to any company with "right" circumstances.

It's no different. Of course NCL stores the credit card information about cruise payments, prepaid restaurant payments, onboard account payments, etc. Target breach was about card information swiped in the terminals in their stores, not online - exactly the same could happen to any company with "right" circumstances.

It's not exactly the same - similar, but not the same.