Rainforest San Juan PR

J&RLOVESTOCRUISE

Maybe you should look into it on your own just to be sure. Puerto Rico is not like most islands. It is very easy to rent a car and drive to the rainforest - we've done it many times - LOVE the hike to the falls! There is a highway straight to the Rainforest - very easy to find. They provide a map will all the trails clearly marked. The trails are all well-traveled. Honestly, even for a nervous traveler - I just can't imagine what you would need a guide to do.

Is it a drive through or walk through?

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

We booked ours through the ship.

It was a combo of both driving and walking.

LuLu

~~~~

Yes..simple question, do you drive through the rain forest or do you walk through it? Can I make it anymore clear ?

Gee, I don't know how to make my reply any cleared.

It was a combo tour -- both driving and walking. We rode on a bus through the rain forest and make stops at points of interest where we taken on guided walking tours.

Other excursions there might be somewhat different but some driving would be needed because it's a large area.

Maybe others will reply and be of more help to you.

LuLu

~~~~

Edited by OCruisers

It was a combo tour -- both driving and walking. We rode on a bus through the rain forest and make stops at points of interest where we taken on guided walking tours.

Other excursions there might be somewhat different but some driving would be needed because it's a large area.

LuLu

~~~~

Thank you...I'm sorry I didn't see your last comment.

• 2 months later...

LuLu

~~~~

Which cruise line was this on? I am travelling RCL and it appears that there are 2 tours of the rainforest. One is more "hiking" and the other is a combo.....I think....

Very easy to do on your own if you're staying in San Juan, don't know about shore excursions if you're only docked for the day. You don't really see much if you're just driving through the park . There are some great trails to hike.

El Yunque is part of the US National Park system. Find info here - http://www.fs.usda.gov/elyunque