Speciality dining

Jimsgirl

Is Todd English still the alternative special dining for lunch on the QM2 or has it been replaced by Verandah?

Thank you

I was on the QM2 last week and it was still the Todd English.

The Todd English has been replaced by the Verandah on the QV.

I'm having dinner at Todd English tonight :) (QM2 mid-Atlantic in a force 9 gale, 19th Dec. '13) so no Verandah yet...

Best wishes :)

I like that. People look at me a bit odd on board when I say I want to see the plates sliding up and down the table and the musicians instruments moving away from the musicians and then back again !!

I'm having dinner at Todd English tonight :) (QM2 mid-Atlantic in a force 9 gale, 19th Dec. '13) so no Verandah yet...

Thank you for all replies.

Not going to be on board for several months yet, but my "appetite" is already thinking ahead.

Have a wonderful Christmas everyone.

Lynn

The other 'specialty' dining on QM2 is the 3 evening choices in the Kings Court. Can anyone advise what those choices are currently? Last time I was on board the Italian choice was gone. I'm hoping it might be back when I board 2 weeks from today. Can anyone advise the current choices?

The other 'specialty' dining on QM2 is the 3 evening choices in the Kings Court. Can anyone advise what those choices are currently? Last time I was on board the Italian choice was gone. I'm hoping it might be back when I board 2 weeks from today. Can anyone advise the current choices?

Italian, Chinese and Indian were the three offerings in early December. They ran three consecutive nights of the Italian theme followed by three consecutive nights of the Chinese theme and so on.

M-AR

Have a wonderful Holiday every one

I am moving house Jan 17, so looking forward to making new friends in 2014, both when cruising and "at home".

Lynn

Happy Holidays to you too, Lynn!

Good luck with your upcoming move. I hope all goes smoothly for you!

KK

Italian, Chinese and Indian were the three offerings in early December. They ran three consecutive nights of the Italian theme followed by three consecutive nights of the Chinese theme and so on.

M-AR

Thanks for the update. I hope the Italian option is still offered through the month of January.

Please let us know how the dinner and the service was.
The dinner at Todd English was superb (four of us) :) . Excellently cooked and presented. They seem to have reversed the decline I noted two years ago.

We all liked that you now pay by the dish, not a fixed charge for the meal (as on my last visit).

FAR too much food on the plate however (the first courses were large, the main courses were huge), three of us couldn't face dessert/pudding (which was a pity as I was looking forward to having Fallen Chocolate Cake again). However, the standard of the meat/etc. and sauces were faultless :) . Next time I will order one course and dessert.

I did see that the presentation of the Fallen Chocolate Cake has reversed to how it was originally; laid out on a flat plate (after a period when it was seemingly just a large bowl of ice-cream and chocolate cake).

The only downside, once again, and it was REALLY irritating, were the two stewards and the maître 'd constantly and independently asking if we were enjoying the meal... they really should simply pull up a chair and sit down, rather than keep walking away and returning :mad: . Also one steward insisted on telling us her life story...

So, food 9, service 4 (but when not enquiring how we were enjoying the meal, the service was a 9 as well).

Hope this helps,

Best wishes, :)

Edited by pepperrn

The dinner at Todd English was superb (four of us) :) . Excellently cooked and presented. They seem to have reversed the decline I noted two years ago.

We all liked that you now pay by the dish, not a fixed charge for the meal (as on my last visit).

FAR too much food on the plate however (the first courses were large, the main courses were huge), three of us couldn't face dessert/pudding (which was a pity as I was looking forward to having Fallen Chocolate Cake again). However, the standard of the meat/etc. and sauces were faultless :) . Next time I will order one course and dessert.

I did see that the presentation of the Fallen Chocolate Cake has reversed to how it was originally; laid out on a flat plate (after a period when it was seemingly just a large bowl of ice-cream and chocolate cake).

The only downside, once again, and it was REALLY irritating, were the two stewards and the maître 'd constantly and independently asking if we were enjoying the meal... they really should simply pull up a chair and sit down, rather than keep walking away and returning :mad: . Also one steward insisted on telling us her life story...

So, food 9, service 4 (but when not enquiring how we were enjoying the meal, the service was a 9 as well).

Hope this helps,

Best wishes, :)

:eek::eek:Horrors! You didn't have the Fallen Chocolate Cake. I thought that was the main reason for dining at TE.

Pepper, thanks for the TE review.

Any noise problems from the aft deck? The last time I was there a couple of years ago there was tropical music blasting into the dining room every time one of the staff opened the back door to the bar just on the outside.

Glad to hear the meal was good. Maybe your review will be read by the right people and they will throttle back that over-eager edge.

We will be on board this Sunday and my wife and I are thinking about giving them one more try.

Hi, Good for you to be on board and going to Todd English ,during this very rough voyage. Did you take pictures? I would love to see the QM2 in very rough seas.

Have a wonderful Holiday every one

I am moving house Jan 17, so looking forward to making new friends in 2014, both when cruising and "at home".

Lynn

Hi Mrs. Jimgirl. I hope you are moving closer to the port :)

Best wishes to you too, and thanks again for the encouragement you give by example...rock on!

Happy Christmas,

Salacia

Good to see that the OP's question has been answered, but is it really possible that Cunard would replace Todd English without any publicity on their website, Facebook account, or, at the very least, a tweet from some intern or grad?

It's rather concerning to think that you could go to sleep one night, secure in the knowledge that you have a booking to dine at Todd English the next day, and wake up to find that it has been replaced in the middle of the night without any advance warning across any social media, official websites, daily programme or anything.

Surely, if and when they do replace Todd English with something else, there will be some sort of announcement - if only to prevent passengers making future bookings via the Voyage Personaliser.

Edited by Whitemarsh