Another thread on "those" hamburgers

bktaylor30

I just disembarked from the Carnival Triumph (Monday) and Guy Fieri's hamburgers are as good as advertised (especially the Pig Patty). That is all. :D

We did a B2B on Liberty the end of January. I had 2 pig patties the 1st week and one the 2nd week. I would have had more except for the calories.

We got to hang out with Guy at the Myrtle Beach St. Patricks day festival this weekend. Of course we told him we loved the burgers. Really nice guy. Every time I saw him at the food buffet he was joking that he did not cook the food so it was safe to eat.

image.jpg.382f253268c9e1f75dbfa665e1d2a3b7.jpg

We ate there twice on the liberty. First time was embarkation day. The burger was sooooooo good. The meat was so tender and just melted in my mouth. The second time it wasn't so good. It was after being in port. I had the pig patty. The bacon patty was dry and disgusting. The burger wasn't as juicy and tender. I think they had been sitting there awhile.

Are they able to produce a rare burger with an honest pinky red center, or just well done hockey pucks?

They aren't hockey pucks at all. It was a deliciously juicy burger, medium to medium well at best.

IDK if you can get a rare one but it never hurts to ask.

I just disembarked from the Carnival Triumph (Monday) and Guy Fieri's hamburgers are as good as advertised (especially the Pig Patty). That is all. :D

Had one last week and will never have another one. If you like grease soaked food and can stomach it then these will rock your world.:)

We ate there twice on the liberty. First time was embarkation day. The burger was sooooooo good. The meat was so tender and just melted in my mouth. The second time it wasn't so good. It was after being in port. I had the pig patty. The bacon patty was dry and disgusting. The burger wasn't as juicy and tender. I think they had been sitting there awhile.

The bacon patty burger is topped with a round shaped of what tastes like cooked down bacon fat...for us, the bacon at the toppings bar is much better. We like the fries, too. Most of the cruise ships which have Guy's Burgers also have so many other great choices as well...it's hard to choose. :):):):)

• 1 month later...

I had one or two on the Breeze last summer, and they were good, but I preferred the offerings at the Blue Iguana Cantina (great spot for breakfast also), and Tandoor Palace, which also didn't have any lines.

I had one or two on the Breeze last summer, and they were good, but I preferred the offerings at the Blue Iguana Cantina (great spot for breakfast also), and Tandoor Palace, which also didn't have any lines.

We loved the Blue Iguana also -- we had breakfast burritos almost everyday on the Conquest. We were amazed at the length of the breakfast lines in buffet on port days, we just passed them by and walked right up to the Blue Iguana for our burritos. :)

Friends convinced us to do B2B next year on the Dream, we were really bummed when we found that the Dream has neither Guys or the Blue Iguana :(

I fell in love with them last year when we were on the Triumph for the first time and I am SOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to them again in about 6 weeks when we leave for our first cruise of the summer.

OH GOD those burgers are good. I just wish they'd come up with a different name for the Donkey Sauce. It sounds..dirty. :D

I went brain dead when I got one of them on a tray each time. I ate one like they were going out of style each day. :rolleyes:

Right!! Key phrase, "may I have some more

Fries, please!" And the server gives you two extra fries. Dang what a girl

Gotta do? Pull one of them deck chairs up to the buffet line or wait just got to the kitchen with my chair and fork to enjoy an awesome hamburger and them fries...delish!!!! Yummm

• 1 month later...

Can anyone tell me if the Sunshine has Guy's Burgers? I want to sail this ship but I also have the option of the Liberty (which I know has a Guy's) and yes, as stupid as this sounds (since price & itinerary are the same), it has come down to this for me to make my decision.

Yes, the Subshine has Guy's on it. That was my DH and kiddos favorite place to eat while on board. When we got home my DH said he will not sail another ship without Guy's on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love them and hubby thinks every cruise we go on should have a guy ferier burger place .... he went every day and would ask for 2..... by the 3 day they would just give him 2 without asking.....

Yes, the Subshine has Guy's on it. That was my DH and kiddos favorite place to eat while on board. When we got home my DH said he will not sail another ship without Guy's on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yea!!! :) I'm looking to book an 8 night Southern on the Sunshine and I just gotta have my Guy's!!! :)

I only had one the first day on the freedom and it was the only one I had the entire cruise. they are better then the ones they used to have but not sure what all the over-hype is about. the fries were pretty good though. however they need to add cheddar cheese sauce on the condiments bar. fries with cheese and bacon bits would be pretty good.

Edited by morganboys

Great thread! Can't wait to try them. I'm utterly astonished though reading some of the earlier posts on this thread where people are on their soap boxes about how "unhealthy" it is to eat burgers, etc. um... IT'S VACATION first of all, and I do believe its a choice we all make to eat burgers and such. :) just saying. *stepping down from MY soap box now LOL*

Sent from my iPad using Forums