For those still holding Future Cruise Certificates

n6uqqq

I just received an email from Carnival with an offer to double the OBC for cruises booked between now and January 24th for sailings from January 2014 through May 2014. 3-5 day cruises are $100 OBC, 6 day is $150, 7-9 is $200, and 12+ is $400.

I just received an email from Carnival with an offer to double the OBC for cruises booked between now and January 24th for sailings from January 2014 through May 2014. 3-5 day cruises are $100 OBC, 6 day is $150, 7-9 is $200, and 12+ is $400.

I assume you still have a FCC? When is it expiring? They're probably trying to get outstanding FCC's off of their books.

I assume you still have a FCC? When is it expiring? They're probably trying to get outstanding FCC's off of their books.

Since I live in CA my certificate has no expiration as per state law. I only have one FCC left and will be using it for the double amount.

We received the same email. I understand it as they are sending me a certificate because one is attached with a number. We have no fcc left. Sure wish Carnival would go back to that.

Either way we are already booked up for the spring, maybe a special for fall sailings which we haven't booked yet.

You must book a cruise before the FCC expiration date, which is typically 2 years from date of issue. The cruise can be up to one year past the expiration date, so you have a three year window from which to choose your cruise.

Edited by PCHENG

You must book a cruise before the FCC expiration date, which is typically 2 years from date of issue. The cruise can be up to one year past the expiration date, so you have a three year window from which to choose your cruise.

This is correct. Read the fine print on my FCC. We have no expiration in CA as per state law and the certificate acknowledges this. May be a few other states with same law.

I have two left that expire in August but live in New Hampshire does that mean I can still use them ...

Technically yes. We noticed it when we used our last cert and they discontinued them right before our next cruise (we were going to stock up).

Here's a link to a thread discussing the NH/CA FCC rules.

This is correct. Read the fine print on my FCC. We have no expiration in CA as per state law and the certificate acknowledges this. May be a few other states with same law.

You just saved me some money...I should have remembered that or at least read all the fine print. Thanks!

HA! Just used the last one I had to book a cruise for Feb. Guess I'll call my Diamond Desk, and see if they will give me the double OBC. (I'm not holding my breath for that, but you never know?) ;)

"SKY"

Hey...We should get other tuba players together that cruise and have a "Cruisin' Tuba Christmas!"

http://www.tubachristmas.com/

Edited by Florissouri

Hey...We should get other tuba players together that cruise and have a "Cruisin' Tuba Christmas!"

http://www.tubachristmas.com/

Sounds like a WINNER! They actually do have a "Tuba Christmas" in Zephyrhills, Florida, and I've been invited, but never attended. I played Tuba/Sousaphone/String Bass in the Marine Corps Band for a few years, and play Tuba, and sing with the "Lakeland Concert Band". GREAT FUN!

"SKY"

HA! Just used the last one I had to book a cruise for Feb. Guess I'll call my Diamond Desk, and see if they will give me the double OBC. (I'm not holding my breath for that, but you never know?) ;)

"SKY"

Sky

Let me know how you make out. I just used one for the Fantasy in Feb maybe I can get them to double it too.

pat

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to see if anyone has tried to get the double value on-board credit for an upcoming cruise that was booked prior to receiving the email promotion. I sure would love it if Carnival would give me the $200.00 for my 7 night cruise this April, instead of the $100.00. I would like to give it a try when I submit my future cruise certificate form.