One way car rental?

eby

We plan on renting a car post cruise from PE to Myrtle Beach,SC.Which company that allows one way rental out of state, is closest to the port. Thanks

What month?

Just about all rental car companies in Florida offer dirt cheap rates, unlimited miles and no drop charge if you drop the car outside the state of Florida after Spring Break is over for rentals starting the day after Easter and running up to June 1st or so. You'll need to book it in advance because once they get enough bookings to reduce the surplus of cars they shut it off.

I have found the same problem with a one way rental booking for Ft. Lauderdale to FL West Coast end of April. Even thru AAA, all daily rates look reasonable until finalization, then total cost jumps about $90 to cover drop off charge. Would welcome suggestions from anyone who has had better luck.

I have found the same problem with a one way rental booking for Ft. Lauderdale to FL West Coast end of April. Even thru AAA, all daily rates look reasonable until finalization, then total cost jumps about $90 to cover drop off charge. Would welcome suggestions from anyone who has had better luck.

Use a general web site to compare several companies -- I like www dot carrentals dot com. Enter your pick-up and drop off locations and you should see prices from many companies. If you get a good deal from someone not offering free shuttles a cab to the rental location will only cost about $10-15.

I get $9.95/day for FLL to LAX at end of April & no drop off charge, not sure where you are booking to, but it works for other cities too. Try the links here: http://www.rentalcodes.com/oneway.html .

The rates for same dates are like $196/day using carrentals.com.

Edited by aria48

I get $9.95/day for FLL to LAX at end of April & no drop off charge, not sure where you are booking to, but it works for other cities too. Try the links here: http://www.rentalcodes.com/oneway.html .

The rates for same dates are like $196/day using carrentals.com.

That's the post Spring Break program I spoke of above in which the rates are dirt cheap as long as you drop the car outside of Florida and from one corporate owned facility to another.

The problem is that program is only in effect for rentals starting the Monday after Easter to about June 1st, but is cut off as soon as they meet their quota of cars.