ATV tour - need throw away clothes?

acctgtogo

We did an ATV tour in Hawaii that gave us coveralls to wear so we didn't ruin our clothes (they would have been ruined). We rode in Colorado and didn't need coveralls and were fine. The excursion did not say they would provide coveralls. Do we need clothes that we are willing to toss after the tour or is it not too muddy/dirty in Cozumel? I read that you should wear throw away clothes on the dune buggy tours but didn't see anything about the ATV's. We are going with Celebrity if that makes a difference. Thanks.

We did this excursion a few years ago. We went in May. Sometimes it's very wet(muddy) and sometimes very dry(dusty). It was dry when we went and yes we were totally covered in dust. They give you a bandana to cover your face with and they sell t shirts after the trip is over. I bought one and changed my shirt. My kids stayed in dirty clothes. It is probably best to wear something that you won't mind throwing away if it gets really dusty or muddy, I did. Have fun, its a blast!

Did this in Cozumel 3 years ago with my son who is 100% boy. We were filthy, but we were able to clean up and put our clothing in a plastic bag. No problem washing them clean on sea day with a Tide pod, so clothes were not ruined. We will try this in Belize after cave tubing.

Yes we took clothes to throw away (was donating them to Goodwill anyway). I didn't want to do laundry on the ship. I wore crocs (great choice BTW--they just rinsed off & they REQUIRE closed-toe shoes) & my son wore an old pair of tennies that he used to go mudding in before.

We were FILTHY & covered in mud. If we had not brought a change of clothing we would've had to go right back to the ship to shower & change. Their 'showers' are a PVC pipe strung between trees with a few shower heads mounted 3' apart. No 'dressing rooms' and the restrooms are on the opposite side of the compound from the showering area.

We had worn our swimsuits under our clothes. My son went to the restroom to change after cleaning off & I just put on my clean shorts & top over my wet suit.

hint: the bandanas you wear to keep mud out of your mouths make great 'washcloths' later.

Edited by happybooker1

I just did this excursion on my 12/9 Imagination cruise. Below was a portion on my review I did for Carnival.

--------------------------------

I have been to this port several times and have done several excursions. This time we decided last minute for a little adventure and chose the ATV JUNGLE ADVENTURE and BEACH CLUB excursion. WHAT A BLAST! It did start raining just as we got on our ATV's, however it just made the ATV excursion that much more fun. ATV + RAIN + MUD = FUN ! They take you via charter bus to the ATV location and after a safety briefing and a short instructional video you are on your own ATV and off into the jungle. This is an extremely BOUNCY and ROUGH ride.

You WILL GET DIRTY so pack an easy change of clothes or maybe pack a trash bag to put your muddy ones into. A small can of bug spray may be handy as well for the mosquitoes or bugs. Small lockers are provided for a small fee and you must have close toed shoes. After a 15-20 minute hands on training run, you begin a 70 minute ride through the jungle dirt and muddy paths.

This is a very exhilarating and fun excursion all by itself. Well worth the money. After returning your ATV, they do offer a photo to buy and you are back on board the charter bus heading to a private Beach Club where you can purchase food. If you do not wish to stay the 1.5 hours at the Beach club you may opt to take a taxi back into town at your own cost, otherwise you take the charter bus back after the beach club stop. They do have (outside-open) showers, food menus and nice lounge chairs to use. You can also rent wave runners and para-sail at the beach club for cheaper prices than the cruise line offers.

After returning to the ship we did a quick shower and change into clean dry clothes and went back out into the port for some quick duty free shopping. COZUMEL for me never disappoints!

It’s a nice Caribbean stop with much to do. I WOULD DO THIS excursion again on a return trip.

Edited by wiskt