Plaza Hotel (NY) Renovation?

cruiseguy2

It looks like it's going to be renovated for 2007. How come I didn't hear anything?

Look at their website:

http://www.plazahotel.com/

And, when you look onto Fairmont's website (Plaza's owner) it's not there anymore.

Does anyone have any details? All I found was that they're turning it into half condos and half hotel rooms.

-Chris

The Plaza went out of business months ago. It's been on the news here in NY for a long time.

I went to the sale, which was on for about a week. They sold everything - bed linens, furniture, dishes, cookware, chandeliers, maid's uniforms. I bought some gorgeous, still unpened Frette linen towels, some memorabilia (like the leather info book in every room) and even a hair dryer.

It was very sad walking though there.

It's going to be turned into condo units. I was unaware that they were still planning on having some hotel rooms.

Oh wow, that sale must've been wonderful. I would've LOVED to be there, same with my wife. Yeah, I heard something about some company bought the property last year for like $700 million. Now, I read a NY Times article that said to preserve the landmark agreement, they have to keep about half hotels and the other half whatever they want.

I used to love staying at the Plaza whenever I was in New York. I even once stayed in the Plaza Suite that was used for Home Alone 2.

Oh well, I used to love the Plaza, I hope the "new Plaza" will be good.

-Chris

Archived