Junior Suite on Radiance - Nov 2013 Sydney to Brisbane.

I have uploaded the photos in one big lot, so be aware this may have a big download if you are restricted.

I did a review, but when I pressed to submit button, the screen was blank, and no message that it would be check and I would be notified when it was approved. So I am not doing it again. Sorry. Summary: we loved the trip and we were very happy with staff, service and cleanliness. Our cabin 1544 had a continual squeaking and creaking noise from the top of the wall between bathroom and bed. The staff were very helpful, and maintenance came, but it was not fixed. Yes, we wrote all about it on our survey.

This was our 4th trip on RCI. We did this 5 nighter for personal reasons, one of which was to catch up with family at Newcastle and Brisbane. So these pics are mainly to show what a Junior Suite is like on a Radiance class ship. We can't say what a tourist would enjoy at these ports as we didn't do trips.

There has also been some questions on other threads about the overhanging balcony. It does give you great shade and would be nice if it was raining, but it does detract from photos a bit. People don't like the lifeboat covers on deck 7, well.... don't know that when you pay more you feel like you got the best view either.

We love Radiance, the light coming in from so much window area and the views of the seas everywhere are just something we really missed on Voyager earlier in the year. Different tastes for different people.

We have had a D1, Junior Suite and Grand Suite, and we are about to go on a trip with a E1 adjoining cabin at the rear of the ship in a month. It will not worry us about the size of the cabin, but we will be interested to test how an adjoining room goes, and possibly the long walks will be good for the scales as long as we don't justify having more desserts!

The larger cabins are fantastic of course, but the whole cruise is great, and sometimes you have to weigh up the cost of the bigger room. Well, nearly always I guess :)

Pictures coming on next post.

Everything in the Junior Suite is about 50% larger than balcony room, including the balcony area.

balcony1024x768.jpg

The chocks in the wall in the hope that the noise would stop. These were there when we arrived, and maintenance tried again, but they had little effect. They were all polite and helpful though.

chocks1024x768.jpg

bathshower1024x768.jpg

The tap configuration, worked well and water pressure was excellent.

sydneyterminal1024x768.jpg

baggagearea1024x768.jpg

Sometimes people ask if you can drop your bags off and check in later. In Sydney you can offload your baggage and the terminal to check in is along a but further. It seems to flow very well.

Edited by kjsmith63

LOVE your pics! What kind of camera did you use?

I used a Pentax X-5. It was on special from Australia Post for AUD$199. It is a bridge camera (not a true compact and not a SLR that you can change lenses) 16MP. It has a 26x optical zoom lens. 4.0mm to 104mm. It works very well for simple shots.

I used my Samsung Galaxy S2 on previous cruises and it was such a step up to have a real camera to take photos with.

I reduced the size of these photos with windows live photo gallery, but I probably should have made them smaller still!

Sounds fabulous! You might have a mirror image layout. We had friends in 1084 and it was mirror image to ours.

You are nearly half way between the 2 banks of elevators. We found that going forward to the elevators was much easier for shows.

Also on disembarking they are less busy that the Centrum elevators and you come out right next to the exit from the ship.

Hubby also liked to go that way up to the Park Café on Deck 11 to get a quick breakfast or snacks.

So Jealous!

Thanks for the photos :) We are going on the same cruise in Jan - 19 -27th. :)

MY Parents are staying in the Jnr Suite, i'll show them these photos, they will love them. :)

We went on The Voyager in Jan 13, and are trying the Radiance for the first time. :)

Thanks for the photos :) We are going on the same cruise in Jan - 19 -27th. :)

MY Parents are staying in the Jnr Suite, i'll show them these photos, they will love them. :)

We went on The Voyager in Jan 13, and are trying the Radiance for the first time. :)

I hope you love Radiance too. Each Royal Caribbean ship sailing in Australian waters is very different, but a lot of things are similar of course.

Feel free to join the meet and mingles - we have enjoyed the couple of them we have attended. You meet some nice people, and it is good to say hi to them around the ship over the cruise.

I am glad to see feedback from others that have looked at the photos too. I love looking at other people's ship photos!

Thanks for the pics. We have sailed on Radiance and Rhapsody several times and personally think the JS cabin space on Rhapsody is larger but the bathroom on Radiance is bigger.

Maybe we are spoilt as we have had aft JS only. Lucky to get 1100 on next cruise so will be a good comparison.

We felt the Radiance JS was slightly bigger than the Rhapsody JS, but it was nearly 3 years apart. The furniture in the room was different so maybe it was just the setup.

We felt the bathroom was pretty similar, just the bath felt like it was not as high to step into on Radiance JS, but that may have been because we did a Grand Suite (very luck upgrade) on Voyager and we, as well as some others, found it quite high to step into.

We have done the ordinary D1 balcony on Radiance previously, and the shower curtain is like everyone says, very annoyingly friendly! I did prefer not to be stepping into a bath however.

DH's brother had 8596 JS aft corner on Rhapsody we think from memory. It was a JS and it was back corner. The balcony was magnificent! We enjoyed the sail away from Sydney out there, but the sun from the west on a very hot day did belt in. Sounds like you have done well there!

• 4 weeks later...

we always travel with a wad of DH business cards and he uses them to chock any squeeks he hears in the walls...works a treat...although Im not too sure about him distributing his info thru-out multiple cabins sailing the carribbean, mexico and bahamas:rolleyes:

he means well:D