Just off the Serenade

BusyBlond

Just off the Serenade 9 day cruise out of New Orleans. This was my first time on a Brilliance class ship. The ship was beautiful and very easy to navigate. I'm not real crazy about the centrum elevators being on the side of the ship, it seems kinda lopsided. LOL and I really miss the royal promanade, but that's just personal preference. The staff was some of the friendliest and most helpful I've ever encountered and we had a fantastic cruise.

I enjoyed the aerial shows in the centrum and the production shows. The ship has a cinema and I watched serveral movies during the cruise. (they seriously need to serve pop corn though) RCCL solariums are always a favorite of mine, and the one on the Serenade is beautiful. It only has one hot tub though and it was fairly small and always full.

We had my time dining and I made a reservation for a table for 2 every night at 6pm. We ended up at the same table every night which was great. Our wait team was fantastic. We ate in the dining room every night and the food was great. I only ate at the buffet a couple of times and thought it was just okay. I ate breakfast every day and most lunches in the park cafe, their muffins were yummy and I really enjoyed the sandwiches there.

We had an ocean view room on deck 3. The location was very convenient and we didn't have any noise problems. There was plenty of storage for 2 people. might be kinda tight for 4, but it could be done.

I'd be happy to try to answer any questions if I'm able.

Just off the Serenade 9 day cruise out of New Orleans. This was my first time on a Brilliance class ship. The ship was beautiful and very easy to navigate. I'm not real crazy about the centrum elevators being on the side of the ship, it seems kinda lopsided. LOL and I really miss the royal promanade, but that's just personal preference. The staff was some of the friendliest and most helpful I've ever encountered and we had a fantastic cruise.

I enjoyed the aerial shows in the centrum and the production shows. The ship has a cinema and I watched serveral movies during the cruise. (they seriously need to serve pop corn though) RCCL solariums are always a favorite of mine, and the one on the Serenade is beautiful. It only has one hot tub though and it was fairly small and always full.

We had my time dining and I made a reservation for a table for 2 every night at 6pm. We ended up at the same table every night which was great. Our wait team was fantastic. We ate in the dining room every night and the food was great. I only ate at the buffet a couple of times and thought it was just okay. I ate breakfast every day and most lunches in the park cafe, their muffins were yummy and I really enjoyed the sandwiches there.

We had an ocean view room on deck 3. The location was very convenient and we didn't have any noise problems. There was plenty of storage for 2 people. might be kinda tight for 4, but it could be done.

I'd be happy to try to answer any questions if I'm able.

We just got off the same cruise. We concur with everything you said. We also prefer the promenade on the other ships. Also, we love the solarium and missed the larger hot tubs of the voyager class. The Park Café also causes a lot more traffic in Solarium area. (food there was great however)

Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts about your cruise. We are booked on Serenade for March, and I am very excited to step foot on her. Radiance-class is my favorite of all the ships we've been on, as I love the size, the outward perspective to the sea, the easy navigability (is that even a real word?) and the sheer beauty of those ships. So glad you enjoyed your cruise.

Thank you for your post. We will be cruising on the Serenade in May/2014 for the 12 night Med/Greek Isles itinerary. We sailed her sister ship, Brilliance, to the Baltics in May of this year and absolutely fell in love with the Radiance class! Since the Brilliance was newly renovated, the aerial shows in the Centrum were not yet available so we are looking forward to seeing it on the Serenade. I do have a couple of questions...did the Serenade show afternoon movies on the large screen in the pool area? Did they serve the yummy roast beef sandwiches in the Park Cafe? Did they schedule a few aerial shows? Thanks for the info!

Dolfans from Miami

Edited by dolfans0704

Thank you for your post. We will be cruising on the Serenade in May/2014 for the 12 night Med/Greek Isles itinerary. We sailed her sister ship, Brilliance, to the Baltics in May of this year and absolutely fell in love with the Radiance class! Since the Brilliance was newly renovated, the aerial shows in the Centrum were not yet available so we are looking forward to seeing it on the Serenade. I do have a couple of questions...did the Serenade show afternoon movies on the large screen in the pool area? Did they serve the yummy roast beef sandwiches in the Park Cafe? Did they schedule a few aerial shows? Thanks for the info!

Dolfans from Miami

Yep, they showed movies in the afternoon and evening on the big screen as well as the cinema. Never watched one on the outside screen, it's too windy for me out there. BRRR LOL. Yep, still have the toast beef sandwiches in the park cafe. There were 3 aerial performances on our cruise. One of them was on formal night and was part of the Captain's reception. I think that one was my favorite. Each show was performed twice.

Thanks Busy Blond for a great post. We will be boarding the same ship in five weeks. What time did you arrive at the port and what time did you board?

We got to the port about 11:30 and were onboard about 12:30ish I think. They told us that the ship wouldn't begin boarding until noon because of immigration. We had to go on to the port a little early because it was the last shuttle from our hotel, but we were on the ship pretty quickly. Hope you have as fantastic a trip as we had,

Yep, they showed movies in the afternoon and evening on the big screen as well as the cinema. Never watched one on the outside screen, it's too windy for me out there. BRRR LOL. Yep, still have the toast beef sandwiches in the park cafe. There were 3 aerial performances on our cruise. One of them was on formal night and was part of the Captain's reception. I think that one was my favorite. Each show was performed twice.

Thank you so much for the info, BusyBlond and wishing you and your loved ones a very Happy Holidays!

Dolfans from Miami

Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts about your cruise. We are booked on Serenade for March, and I am very excited to step foot on her. Radiance-class is my favorite of all the ships we've been on, as I love the size, the outward perspective to the sea, the easy navigability (is that even a real word?) and the sheer beauty of those ships. So glad you enjoyed your cruise.

We are on this same cruise with you! We are celebrating our anniversary. First time on a radiance class ship.