For those who love/care about Entertainment - and cruise alot - Playlist opinions??

sharecruises

Agree...I do not like them and glad the Liberty still has the "old" production shows.

We're cruising Liberty in a few weeks, and I thought they had the playlist productions because they have 2.0.

So glad to hear it will be the old production shows which I love. I've seen most of them a few times but still enjoy them.

We can hope! In 2014, I am sailing only Princess and have encountered many others who are choosing anything but Carnival. Perhaps they will get the message and actually make some improvements. Of my 35 past cruises, 16 have been on Carnival and I've enjoyed most of them very much. The cutbacks have just gone too far.

Hi Janet.

We are also looking at other cruise lines. We are thinking about a 2 week on the Celebrity Eclipse in 2015. I didn't think I would be going on Carnival again for awhile. But yesterday my son and I booked the Splendor for Nov 1, 2014. A repositioning cruise. We just liked the itinerary. A cruise with different ports we haven't been to. Hopefully they will not have the Playlist productions by then. One can only hope.

Have a good cruise next month on the Ruby Princess. We did the Bon Voyage package on it after we got off the Breeze cruise in April. It is a beautiful ship.

Sharon

Hi Janet.

We are also looking at other cruise lines. We are thinking about a 2 week on the Celebrity Eclipse in 2015. I didn't think I would be going on Carnival again for awhile. But yesterday my son and I booked the Splendor for Nov 1, 2014. A repositioning cruise. We just liked the itinerary. A cruise with different ports we haven't been to. Hopefully they will not have the Playlist productions by then. One can only hope.

Have a good cruise next month on the Ruby Princess. We did the Bon Voyage package on it after we got off the Breeze cruise in April. It is a beautiful ship.

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

I hope you enjoy the Splendor! One way flights are so much less expensive now than they used to be. We are doing the Liberty Jan 2015, but don't expect to sail Carnival any more.

You were the one who told me about the "BVE". Glad you enjoyed it! We do like the Ruby, but plan to book Royal Princess for March or April while we are on board to use our FCC and try another ship.

Janet

CD Steve played fiddle for "Devil went down to Georgia" on the Paradise country show last month and was awesome. Wondering if it's the same person.

Steve Cassel was our CD on our first CCL Cruise in 2003. I'd love to hear him play the fiddle.

He is also an excellent juggler.

• 4 weeks later...

I was a newbie last time....saw The Brits and was embarrassed for the performers.

Still booked Carnival again, didn't want to do NCL (didn't see a fabulous itinerary in our price range and heard bad food reviews), REALLY considered MSC (price would have been about the same) but we ended up booking Carnival again because overally people seem happier with the kids programs than on MSC. And at the end of the day, sunning on serenity with a frosty drink child-free is my priority :-P When I do a child free cruise again in a few years I am definitely going to consider MSC.

I do think Carnival will wake up to the failure of Playlist Productions. But replacing with any other sort of theatre based production I can't see happening, way too expensive...My guess is that they will move away from actor-based live theatre in general and more in the direction of the Hasbro type shows, it is way cheaper to use guests as performers and just provide small prizes than it is to pay and feed actors, plus maintain sets and discounted post halloween Target costumes. better to do away with all of it and make the guests pay to watch each other on stage :-P

but yeah, dreadful shows. I'm going to give Epic Rock a chance on the Sunshine next time only because the reviews have been moderately ok, I will pass on all the other shows...