How long for NCL to refund onboard account?

legion3

From what I've read here, about three to four weeks should be about right. With the holiday season etc, I wouldn't hold my breath though.

You can also get the balance in cash on the last night or disembarkation morning from Guest Services - or that's what people here have written. We have only used credit card so I wouldn't know first hand.

Edited by Demonyte

Well it keeps them from improperly charging your card, overcharging your card, or your card putting a hold on your card.

Something else that comes up from time to time.

It also helps us budget and cap our expenditures.

Since it was cruise budgeted, I am not missing the $ but was simply wondering.

Given Target's nonsense I am begining to wonder why anyone would want to give anyone a card number at all.

I always pay my gratuities pre cruise and only put money on my account if I am actually going to buy something, and then it is only enough to cover what I am purchasing. If I decide I am going to have a couple of drinks I will go down and put $20 on my account. If I find something in a shop I want, I will go put the funds on the account then go buy it. I have always received cash back upon closing my account the last night of the cruise if I have anything left. Now my last cruise was on RCCL, the line was crazy the last night and just as bad the next morning, I had a ten cent credit coming to me, I told them to keep it, I was not waiting in that crazy line for a dime. Hope you get your check soon.

The only problem I would have with that system, and its not a bad one, was that this particular cruise the customer service desk was always busy and with a long line. Only late at night, real late, or early in the AM, real early was it not slammed.

So I could not just go down and do it quickly.

Sometimes, somethings are simply impulse buys and mood buys and when the moment or fancy strikes me or DW. :D

Like DW deciding while standing there to do the martini tasting. Boom $30!

Again the $ was budgeted for that cruise and when I get it, it will go into the future cruise account.

Given Target's nonsense I am begining to wonder why anyone would want to give anyone a card number at all.

Target's nonsense. It seems to me that Target was attacked and credit card information was stolen from them. You make it sound like they went out and sold it the the hackers. Get real.

Target's nonsense. It seems to me that Target was attacked and credit card information was stolen from them. You make it sound like they went out and sold it the the hackers. Get real.

They might as well have. Target has a long history of not properly securing their credit card transactions. A couple years ago their cash registers connected to the network via unsecured Wifi. Anybody with a device capable of watching the packets could grab all the credit card numbers they wanted. I tried to find the link, but all I can find right now are links to the recent attacks.