Surprising her with a Junior Suite!

Morning all.. need some advice..

Leaving in a few weeks and just upgraded us to a JS... she thinks we're in a balcony, but will love the JS, as she's only been on one other cruise. We're diamond members (she is bc she now lives with me, so they gave her the association membership) so the lounge will be nice as a perk, since the JS doesn't really have other perks.

Still, I know she'll be surprised.

Should I:

-Make the print out of the new document with the JS highlighted a stocking stuffer?

or (I'd like to pull this one off)

-Try to hide it and put a little note folded up in my passport when we check in to the pier that says "shh... she doesn't know about the JS, can you not mention it or say "balcony"?

Anyone ever successfully hide an upgradE?

Morning all.. need some advice..

Leaving in a few weeks and just upgraded us to a JS... she thinks we're in a balcony, but will love the JS, as she's only been on one other cruise. We're diamond members (she is bc she now lives with me, so they gave her the association membership) so the lounge will be nice as a perk, since the JS doesn't really have other perks.

Still, I know she'll be surprised.

Should I:

-Make the print out of the new document with the JS highlighted a stocking stuffer?

or (I'd like to pull this one off)

-Try to hide it and put a little note folded up in my passport when we check in to the pier that says "shh... she doesn't know about the JS, can you not mention it or say "balcony"?

Anyone ever successfully hide an upgradE?

You probably could easily hide it as the counter doesn't make a big deal about you being in a JS and just check in at your Deck counter line.

However, I wouldn't want to give up going through the suite door for security checkin or the suite check in counter. While JS does not extend most suite perks, you do get the suite check in.

Depending what time you get to port and how the lines look, I'd probably opt for the suite door.

I did this to my other half on our Suez cruise in May.

Went to ordinary check-in, the lines were no longer.

Just make sure you don't let her see the JS on the setsail pass.

JS seapass cards are silver, instead of blue, but if this is only her second cruise she probably won't realise, my other half didn't and we have done 30+ cruises.

The look on her face when entering the room will be priceless and earn you lots of brownie points. If she is anything like my other half she will love the closet (walk-in), bathtub and big balcony.

Pete

You can check in through the Diamond line. If they say anything just say it's that "diamond is the same as being in a suite at this port." Just distract her somehow when the guy looks at the SetSail. Talk up the cruise as you enter and she'll be so excited that she'll likely not hear what anyone says, and if she does just tell her she must have heard wrong.

Eitherway, it'll be a great surprise. Have a good time. Let us know how it works out.

As far as checking in... isn't there a faster Diamond or C&A line anyway?

There is a checkin counter for Platinums and above which also gets long. I was referring to the suite security checkin, specific to suites. At least in Terminal 18 PEV, completely separate entrance with your own security line. I think in Liberty terminal its just a separate line that all filters to the same security manometers and xrays.

You can do it....just play it cool. I reserved a JS as a surprise for my DH's bday. We checked in with the others in our party and when we got to our cabin and opened the door, the look on his face was priceless. Our kids knew and ordered us champagne and strawberries, which we enjoyed on our balcony during sailaway.

My vote is to not say anything....just surprise her when she opens the cabin door!