Elation Vs Triumph

cask2393

Hi all!

My family has decided to book a December cruise instead of doing Christmas next year. We are browsing around, but have narrowed it down to Elation or Triumph(possibly Dream if I can convince them to a 7 day lol) Anyway, I was wondering what everyone here thinks about the two. I am kinda iffy about Triumph because of obvious reasons but has anyone had experience with Triumph post-breakdown?

If it helps there will be 3 teenage boys 19, 15, and 14, myself 21, and my mother 49. My mom has been on 3 Carnival cruises come February but us kids have never been on a cruise.

Any recommendations or input about the two?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!!!!

Edited by cask2393

I have not sailed Triumph since the breakdown, but I would not hesitate to sail her again. In fact, she may now be even safer than many of Carnival's other ships, as a result of that incident. I really enjoyed both Triumph & Elation. Triumph has been my 2nd favorite ship to the Dream. I think she is far superior to Elation. I do like the feel of the atrium area of Elation better, but Triumph has her beat overall. More pools on Triumph, a much better waterslide, the nice stadium style (tiered) lido deck.

My first time on Triumph, the buffet lines were a bit long, but probably not much worse than Elation. Dream's were shorter than both, as there are more lines and more options on her. But with Triumph adding on Guys burgers & Blue Iguana cantina, that will help to spread out the crowds as well. So more eating options with Triumph over Elation.

Elation was my 3rd cruise, after 2 on the tiny Celebration. Elation seemed like a palace by comparison, so it really Wow'd me. Triumph didn't, since it followed the Dream. But after my 2nd time on her, I realized what a nice ship she is, and I do like it much better. It helps that I've had 2 spectacular cruise directors on her (Jeremy Mayes & Jen Baxter). Triumph has 2 of Carnival's absolute best production shows in the theater: Wonderful World & The Big Easy. Big Easy is extremely popular across the boards. Elation's shows were decent.