Kauai Helicopter

SCR

I was looking in some of the tour books and I spotted a helicopter tour that sounded awesome where they land you at an inaccessible by land water fall and pool and let you swim then take you around the island in the helicopter. The tour name is Inter Island Tours. Has anyone used them?

They are a bit more expensive than some of the others but it is a 60 min tour and a 30 min romp in the "pool".

Thanks for the help.

I have not personally used them, but I have heard good things about them from other people. They use more desirable aircraft (better seating layout), and I understand they even fly with the doors off, which makes for great pictures. Hopefully someone can give us a first hand account.

We used Island Helicopter in May for Kauai. They were excellent! We did the 55 minute island tour - no stops - so I can't tell you anything about stopping at the waterfall. The helicopters I saw for Island were both 6 passenger, and had the doors on. We flew out of the airport in Lihue. Another bonus for them was that they picked us up at the ship and returned us afterwards for free. We paid around $144 per person with taxes and fees. Got a free video too.They give a small discount if you pay by travalers check or cash. Credit Card would have been around $154 per person. The only thing I am not sure about is the cancellation policy. If you read other posts here about booking your own helicopter excursion, you will see some people had to pay for their tour even though the ship could not dock in Kauai. That was Jack Harter. You may want to check with Island before booking, if you are coming in on a cruise ship.

Opps, I just read your post again and saw you said Inter Island Helicopter. tour. I must have read it to fast the first time because I thought it said Island Helicopter. Sorry.

Archived