Anyone done cave tubing with Vito(.bz) combined with zoo?

heavenlysea

Am thinking about combining Vitalino's .bz cave tour with a stop at the Belize zoo. We're on the NOS which is there from 8 to 5. We'd like to do the full cave tour, eat the lunch he includes and then travel on to the zoo. I have emailed Vito and he says the whole thing takes about 5-6 hours. (including 90 minutes at zoo) However, on his website he says just the cave tubing is 4.5 to 5 hours so I'm not sure this seems right.

Has anyone done both of these tours with this company? Your thoughts please.

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking at bz and the different tours, what it says on the combo one with zoo, etc is that the cave tubing is shortened...not the tub part but all the stops to discuss the flora and things on the way to the cave...so the tour part is shortened so you can go to the zoo or zip line, etc.

We are looking to do the zip line and cave tubing combo and will be booking with them. Looking forward to it!

We did the cavetubing with .bz last week. We passed the zoo on the way and the guide told us a little about it. I didn't get the impression that it was a traditional zoo. I believe he said there are currently 46 animals there and that they are all rescues from different parts of the country. There is a lady that owns it and rescues the animals. You may be able to find more information with a google search.

I was fairly exhausted after the cavetubing. Also keep in mind that Belize is a tender port (about a 25 minute ride). We were in port 9-6, got on one of the first tenders and still only had about an hour to spare when we got back.

We did the cavetubing with .bz last week. We passed the zoo on the way and the guide told us a little about it. I didn't get the impression that it was a traditional zoo. I believe he said there are currently 46 animals there and that they are all rescues from different parts of the country. There is a lady that owns it and rescues the animals. You may be able to find more information with a google search.

I was fairly exhausted after the cavetubing. Also keep in mind that Belize is a tender port (about a 25 minute ride). We were in port 9-6, got on one of the first tenders and still only had about an hour to spare when we got back.

Great information. I have booked .bz for my cruise in March, but kept hearing about people (not necessarily with .bz) getting left behind because they didn't book their excursion with the cruise. The web site basically guarantees to get you to the ship on time, but of course I had a little concern. We are supposed to be in port 8-6, so I feel pretty confident that we will have enough time to get back to the ship. Thanks for your information. Very anxious for March to get here!!!! :-)