Sailing solo with a 4-5 year old

shecup

Hi all... I'm thinking of taking my then 5yo daughter on a last minute 4 day cruise in 3 weeks. Unfortunately my husband starts a new job and won't be able to come. We are well seasoned cruisers so I'm not worried about her on the ship. Interested to know how other moms have managed physically and mentally and was it worth going? Thanks for any input.

There are quite a few of us here who cruise solo with kids, either because we're single or our partner can't get away. Sounds like a great mom/daughter getaway! Your daughter is past the age where it's a bit of a challenge (before the kids are old enough for kids club). It's an amazing way to travel on your own with kids. Let us know what your concerns are.

All the best,

Mia

We love to cruise solo. My hubby messes up our schedule ;) My girls and I have had the most wonderful cruises - alone.

I started taking them solo when they were toddlers. My youngest was 2. She is 9 now. It's great to look at a toddler and say "Wanna stay in the cabin and eat sandwiches in our PJs on the balcony?"

Yeah a child is much more flexible ;)

Have a great cruise!