NCL Sun Deck 4: elevator question

jasoneats

We are planning on taking my DF on his first cruise this March. We will be on the Sun and he is interested in an Oceanview. The aft Oceanview cabins on Deck 4 look like they might be a good fit, but I am wondering about the single elevator on this end of the deck. Has anyone had any experience staying in this area? (He would prefer to be further aft.) Is there often a wait for this elevator? DF is 85 and won't be taking the stairs. I think it would be a drag if he ended up having to walk forward all the time to go up, especially since my partner and I have already booked our cabin on Deck 9, pretty far aft.

Any feedback from folks that have stayed down there? Thanks!

Just giving this a little bump so someone can chime in. I have been on the Sun twice for 23 days but have never thought about the cabins you mentioned. Could you not get him closer to where you are? I would think there would be a wait for the elevator with everyone getting off on five to go to Guest Services/the Atrium etc. Really don't know. Hope someone will offer some advice.

Since the stairs aren't an option and the walk to the bow elevators is rather long (for you friend), the single stern elevator is their only option.

Going up should not be a problem. Doing down will be considerably more crowded, at times. Because the Seven Seas (on of the main dining rooms) is fifth deck, stern, there can be traffic there and above on deck six.

If your friend is not is any rush, they should be able to manage the single elevator.

We were on the Sun in Nov and had a cabin mid-ship on 4. We walked to the aft and used this elevator on a regular basis when we were going to aft destinations on higher decks. The trick is to learn to pick the right side elevator on the other decks to make sure you come back to the 4th deck. Also note that it has a separate call button so make sure you push it when you are on 11 etc. We loved deck 4.