When do they start boarding in Rome?

lovestx

Trying to plan our June 2014 cruise out of Civitavecchia. Two years ago, we arrived at the port about noon time and it was mobbed. Do any recent cruisers have info on when they start the boarding process at Civitavecchia? We'll be on Silhouette. Would like to avoid the crowds.

Edited by lovestx

Trying to plan our June 2014 cruise out of Civitavecchia. Two years ago, we arrived at the port about noon time and it was mobbed. Do any recent cruisers have info on when they start the boarding process at Civitavecchia? We'll be on Silhouette. Would like to avoid the crowds.

We sailed from Civitavecchia on the Reflection last October. I had to return a car so I got Terminal early, maybe 10am. Going to the terminal on the shuttle at that time was just a few of us (maybe 10 other passengers). Sat at the terminal for about a hour, I say by 11:15 they allowed us to check-in. They give you a number when you enter the terminal so its no mad dash. By 11:30 I was sitting in the Oceanview having lunch.