Oasis accessible cabin 14303

RoLoHa

This was our first cruise with DH bringing his scooter, mainly due to the size of this ship. So glad we got the accessible cabin because for his type disability the extra room really helped even when he was out of the chair. It's a Boardwalk Balcony, and that has pro's and cons in itself. The location is good for accessibility with the exception being how hard it is to get an elevator, especially on sea days, and the difficulty navigating the passageway to the cabin when the stewards have their carts out, although they were overall helpful about moving them as needed. I would not get this specific cabin again for the following reasons: Noise, noise and noise! First there is the zip line landing pad directly above the balcony of this cabin..yes, on the roof. On a busy afternoon there are many thuds for each person. Great for pics though if anyone you know tries it! Also with mini golf right behind zip line landing, in the evening there seems to be a whole lot of running around even after dark. Then there are the shows. Nice to see the Aqua show and practice from my own balcony but the applause and music are loud when you aren't watching and in the cabin to relax. During the day the belly flop and other participation events are held in same venue interfering with any napping. :-). In general it quiets down at night and then the room is fine. In the morning also fairly quiet but out on the balcony there is little to no privacy for breakfast. Fun for people watching not much else. I would try same type room on a lower deck, or on Central Park if I were to do it again. And really you can watch all the stuff off the "secret" aft balconies which are hardly used so the balcony isn't all that big a deal.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app