Something to do Family Friendly

cynamil

This is my first time going to Costa Maya. I was looking through the excursions offered through Norwegian, and I'm not impressed. Me, my mom, and my two daughters, 9 and 13 will be traveling. I'm looking for something safe, fun, and not strenuous. We will be in port for most of the day. Tropicante and Mahahual seem to be mentioned a lot. Any suggestions from people that have actually been to Costa Maya? We like swimming, eating, and looking at locally made souvenirs.

We have been once and did a ship beach excursion, wasn't so hot. My daughter has been to Mahahual and really liked it, so we will be going to the Tropicante in November..One thing I noticed right away was that the prices at the tourist trap shops right at the pier were very pricey, much more than Cozumel. There are a lot of independent tours that should be fine as they are discussed quite a bit here.

Having been at least twice, I recommernd taking a taxi to Mahual, walking the strip of shops and restaurants and cheap massages, parking it on the beach and having some food and drink. We always head for 100% Agave. steve