Cabin question on Indy

aem2682

Hi

Hoping someone can help us out we sailed on Indy this year and we had a promenade cabin on deck 8 would like the same for a sailing next year but can only get inter connecting cabins.

We have had interconnecting rooms in hotels before and never had a problem but have seen comments saying to avoid on ships.

Can anyone with any experience of both please let me know if the noise is the same or is it worse on a ship

Thanks

Hi there

I have stayed in a lot of connecting hotel rooms and one connecting stateroom on Allure.

In hotels, like anywhere, the noise levels varied depending on who was in the next room and the quality of the hotel... It is this same on a cruise ship - who you have next door depends on what you will hear.

Personally speaking, I found the levels much less on Allure than I experienced, for example, in Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina (where my 'neighbour' sneezed, I jokingly said, not shouted, bless you and they said thank you...!) We were in GS 9260 on Allure and I can honestly say that I hardly noticed we had neighbours the other side of the connecting door.

I do believe it is very much chance as to who you get. Connecting or not I am always respectful of people in other rooms but I am sure not everyone has the same thought process!

Whatever you choose to do, I hope you have a lovely cruise.

Edited by jo24

I was on the December 7th 8 night cruise on the Independence. We had a promenade stateroom on Deck 7. To my dismay, i didn't realize it was a connecting one.

The answer really is...it depends on who your neighbors are. If you have someone with an infant baby who screams their head off, then you're going to hear it. I was able to hear the other side's TV and sometimes when they had conversations. Its thin, but if your neighbors are for the most part considerate people and don't make an abundance of noise, you should be okay. I was able to tune it out, but I also felt that if we had worst neighbors, it could have been worst.

Hi

Hoping someone can help us out we sailed on Indy this year and we had a promenade cabin on deck 8 would like the same for a sailing next year but can only get inter connecting cabins.

We have had interconnecting rooms in hotels before and never had a problem but have seen comments saying to avoid on ships.

Can anyone with any experience of both please let me know if the noise is the same or is it worse on a ship

Thanks

We had an interconnecting cabin for our children on Indy for the last two years. The first year there was no noise from the next-door cabin but this year there was. The stateroom attendant taped up the door seals and bottom gap for us and this helped cut the noise right down. Our neighbours were kindly asked to turn their TV off when the room was empty and keep the volume down when it was occupied. They obliged as soon as they realised that their noise could be heard next door.

In the end the cabin was fine but if your neighbours are noisy or not willing to turn their volume down then yes you may be disturbed.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app