4 Nights Post cruise?

fishtaco

We have 2 days in NO pre cruise and 4 post.

I have visited Nola before but in 1991, We are from Australia:)

I have booked 2 nights not too far from the FC in downtown Fri Sat nights so will do the FC pre cruise.

What should we do for 4 nights in LA post cruise? Stay in NO or head out in a hire car?

We have 7 nights in Vegas before the cruise but should we fly to another State after the cruise or just stay in LA?

We are a couple in our early 50,s going on 21:D we like cheap food cheap lodgings and out of the ordinary not so touristy sights:)

We have 3 nights Hollywood CA before we fly back to Australia so could cut that down if needed.

Thanks

My daughter and I are staying at a bed and breakfast post-cruise. The owners get great reviews and a much more personal experience. Bananacourtyard.com is the place, can't give a review as this will be my first time. If you book, tell them Kelly and Shelby sent you. Also, try looking up urbanspoon.com and put in New Orleans. They have places to eat ranging from $-$$$$ and you may look them up per $ or per location, etc.

Hope this helps..

Kelly

You will not run out if things to see or do in and around New Orleans. Spend all the time pre cruise in the Quarter, but after the cruise start to adventure out and see some of the many other things in the New Orleans metro area.

You will not run out if things to see or do in and around New Orleans. Spend all the time pre cruise in the Quarter, but after the cruise start to adventure out and see some of the many other things in the New Orleans metro area.

I know parking is hard in NO but I was thinking of a round road trip NO to Houma-New Iberia-Breaux Bridge- Baton Rouge back to NO but do you think it would be just as worthwhile to stay in NO and do day tours with a tour company? without the car hire and fuel costs the tours wont cost too much more overall.

You can take the Hop Off and Hop On bus to see many of the sights in NOLA.

You can take an air boat drive through the bayou and swamps.

You can visit the areas Plantations Laura is a Creole Plantation (that give you a $10 discount for the swamp tour). About three miles away from Laura is Oak Alley and it's a beauty with it's Greek Revival architecture.

I found the cost of eating in NOLA expensive (but if you from Sydney it might not shock you.)

Since you have visited before you might know about some of the city highlights Light Café du Monde for beignets and the opportunity to people watching across from the Jackson Square.

New Orleans haunted tours of cemeteries, haunted houses and ghosts in areas including the French Quarter maybe interesting.

Enjoy you time in the USA. I have loved my time in OZ!

Edited by Chmielel

You can take the Hop Off and Hop On bus to see many of the sights in NOLA.

You can take an air boat drive through the bayou and swamps.

You can visit the areas Plantations Laura is a Creole Plantation (that give you a $10 discount for the swamp tour). About three miles away from Laura is Oak Alley and it's a beauty with it's Greek Revival architecture.

I found the cost of eating in NOLA expensive (but if you from Sydney it might not shock you.)

Since you have visited before you might know about some of the city highlights Light Café du Monde for beignets and the opportunity to people watching across from the Jackson Square.

New Orleans haunted tours of cemeteries, haunted houses and ghosts in areas including the French Quarter maybe interesting.

Enjoy you time in the USA. I have loved my time in OZ!

"If I am from Sydney it may not shock me":D:D:D

Perth Western Australia where I live is at least double the prices of many Sydney prices! Perth prices would shock most Aussies let alone Americans if they visited lol

Edited by fishtaco