How do I tell the M'D it's our Anniversary?

patrice1

On Conquest 2/2/14 and our 24th Anniversary is 2/4. We have reservations for the Steakhouse and I'm trying to surprise DH with something nice. CCL knows we have an Anniversary that week, but not the day & the venue. How do I notify the M'D (or someone else) that the 4th is our special day?:confused:

We'll be with you on the cruise! To contact the maitre d you could email (I'd wait till 2 weeks prior--they might forget this far in advance)

CQmaitred@carnival.com ----- all the ships are the same except for the first 2 letters.

I's my DW birthday that week, I already called the FUN SHOP (1-800-522-7648) and ordered a cake to be delivered to the table that night. However, if you're going to be in the steakhouse-they'll probably have a special desert if you could sneak up or call them beforehand. Just 37 days to go!!!

Edited by chocolate melting cake

We'll be with you on the cruise! To contact the maitre d you could email (I'd wait till 2 weeks prior--they might forget this far in advance)

CQmaitred@carnival.com ----- all the ships are the same except for the first 2 letters.

I's my DW birthday that week, I already called the FUN SHOP (1-800-522-7648) and ordered a cake to be delivered to the table that night. However, if you're going to be in the steakhouse-they'll probably have a special desert if you could sneak up or call them beforehand. Just 37 days to go!!!

We will be there too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol .. it is my hubby's retirement cruise and I was thinking of letting someone know so maybe he can have a special cake ... but I am terrified if they bring it during dinner and they sing . Now he would love that but it makes me shudder just to think of it..I hate attention called to me ..he had a birthday cake brought out for me and they all sang so nice ... and I just wanted to crawl under the table.Maybe I can ask for a cake but no singing ?????????

You can go to formalities onboard or to Cherry on Top on the newer ships and order a cake to be sent to the Steakhouse. They need 24 hours notice. Also, call or stop by the Steakhouse and speak to the hostess. They are great at handling special requests.

If you would like a cake without the singing then ask to have it delivered to the cabin instead of the dining room.

You can go to formalities onboard or to Cherry on Top on the newer ships and order a cake to be sent to the Steakhouse. They need 24 hours notice. Also, call or stop by the Steakhouse and speak to the hostess. They are great at handling special requests.

If you would like a cake without the singing then ask to have it delivered to the cabin instead of the dining room.

Given the huge percentage of people on every cruise for a special birthday anniversary or honeymoon, the above is a good option as the Maitre De sees it week in week out every cruise year in year out:)

That is a great idea .... much better than me hiding under the table

This is what my DH did for my birthday on the first night, and it worked out perfectly. By the time we got to the steakhouse, the roses he ordered were already on the table. They brought out the cake after dinner, and sang Happy Birthday. But keep in mind they also have that huge dessert after dinner. It was so nice to still have that birthday cake. I truly think the steakhouse is a wonderful place to be on your birthday. It's more intimate than the huge dining room. Less people around when they sing Happy Birthday. Have fun with ideas for him.

OP...Debj14 is right on about this. Can you slip away for a few to set it up at the formalities shop? Look on your Fun Times program to see what time they open, so as not to make a trip for nothing. They are not open all the time.

Was on the valor in November for our anniversary, and booked the steakhouse. I hadn't told anyone but the booking agent when we first booked cruise it was our anniversary, so I was a bit surprised when the steakhouse staff brought out our desserts with candles, and wished us a happy anniversary. Then two nights later the MDR waiters sang to us!

Was not looking for the attention, but it was great that so many staff members were aware of our special day.