Voyager dry dock

Topo Gigio

Very interesting, though I'm not sure I'll ever see Voyager again.:(

We can hope, I plan on cruising at least 10 more years. I would book her again just to relive that first cruise again. After 8 years some memories are fading. I've seen a few pictures of things on her that I had forgotten about like a big glass pyramid on the pool deck. I checked with the boss and she said it was there.

We can hope, I plan on cruising at least 10 more years. I would book her again just to relive that first cruise again. After 8 years some memories are fading. I've seen a few pictures of things on her that I had forgotten about like a big glass pyramid on the pool deck. I checked with the boss and she said it was there.

I've always wondered why that pyramid was eliminated from every other Voyager/Freedom class ship. It acts as a skylight in the center of the Promenade.

I've always wondered why that pyramid was eliminated from every other Voyager/Freedom class ship. It acts as a skylight in the center of the Promenade.

Now another reason to book her again, I don't know that I ever looked up in the promenade at it. I probably did, but again, forgot.

Considering the size of the skylight and the distance from the RP to the pool deck, I would imagine there isn't much light that gets down there.

Considering the size of the skylight and the distance from the RP to the pool deck, I would imagine there isn't much light that gets down there.

Yes, true, plus the pyramid is colored, so it lets in even less light. I always figured that they decided leaving that open space in decks 9 and 10 was too much of a waste, so they eliminated it.

I've not heard about changes to TV programming. In fact, the number of broadcast channels has declined lately.

But an increase in the propoganda channels. I actually found some of those shows about other RC ships/cruises interesting, though if the intention is to advertise themselves they need to update the content. I was feeling a bit tired on Majesty last Halloween and went to our cabin while my wife danced. I saw a really good show about a family of 4's first cruise. It really made me want to book that cruise. Unfortunately it was about Mariner sailing out of LA. I've seen the show about the refurbishment of Sovereign as well. They also aired the show from one of the cable stations about the making of the new Voyager class ships that I found interesting. The channel was a great tool badly utilized.

Yeah the day she sails and is possible they will leave her at cargo terminal as they finish the work and they bus you there

It has happened in past as they use all the time they can

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That a lot of buses,to transport over 3000 people lol

There is a 4 night cruise before the repositioning cruise to Australia, it is Singapore to Singapore. Hopefully they will iron out any issues on this cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Really? Because I looked when I booked our cruise last month and the last cruise it showed was 9 nights Hong Kong to Singapore departing October 8 then it shows her in dry dock until our cruise

Really? Because I looked when I booked our cruise last month and the last cruise it showed was 9 nights Hong Kong to Singapore departing October 8 then it shows her in dry dock until our cruise

mmmm interesting, I can't find the 4 night cruise anymore but it was on RCIs website a few months ago. The Marina Bay Cruise Ship Terminal Schedule has the following for Voyager of the Seas (which of course could be out of date)... perhaps they have extended the dry dock.

17 October - Arrive Singapore @ 10am, departing at 5pm for drydock

21 November - Arrive Singapore @ 7am, departing 10pm for Langkawi, Malaysia

25 November - Arrive Singapore @ 7am (last port Port Klang, Malaysia)

... here is the link to the website -

http://mbccs.com.sg/index.php?option=com_jumi&view=application&fileid=4

cool thanks ..... u joining us on voyager on 25 November?

No.

I have a function here in Brisbane on the 28th November to attend.

Lets hope it is all working properly for you after dry dock.

I will be going out to the Grain Terminal for a look while you are in Brisbane.

No.

I have a function here in Brisbane on the 28th November to attend.

Lets hope it is all working properly for you after dry dock.

I will be going out to the Grain Terminal for a look while you are in Brisbane.

Yes hopefully all will be good when we get on, won't really matter as we plan to have a good time anyway. re: the Brisbane port stop, i was born in brisbane but now live on the gold coast and work in brisbane cbd. I'm planning on staying on the ship when it docks in Brisbane unless some relatives come for a look.

Yes hopefully all will be good when we get on, won't really matter as we plan to have a good time anyway. re: the Brisbane port stop, i was born in brisbane but now live on the gold coast and work in brisbane cbd. I'm planning on staying on the ship when it docks in Brisbane unless some relatives come for a look.

We will be staying on board also as we visit Qld regular (wife's on the Gold Coast for a wedding as I type this). Last year we docked in Brissie on Melbourne Cup day but still just hung around the pool lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The deck plans starting Nov. 21, 2014 shows the main dining room as the Sapphire Dining room on deck 3,4, and 5.. No longer different names for the dining room on each deck. Anyone know whether traditional dining will be offered on all three decks, or is this in preparation for dynamic dining. I sail on her in March 2015

• 2 weeks later...
According to Facebook Voyager enter dry dock yesterday so we should see some pics getting posted in the near future hopefully [emoji3]

AIM1 who's husband is working on the ship while in dry dock, will start a new thread shortly with lots of pics.