Canceling ES penalty for solo?

tree.critter

I am booked ES for upcoming cruise and currently before final payment date. Solo, paid in full. Have been waiting to book second person hoping that dates off from work would be granted and it's looking like the time off may be denied. (Sucks to be head of dept in CCU!) Prior to recent solo sale pricing I had planned to go on this cruise with or without her but now am looking that I can cruise solo 3+ times for the price I paid for this one.

I am wondering, will the $50 penalty per person be only $50 or will it be double since I was booked as a solo? Deposit price is $600 and am fine with balance of deposit to be used on future cruise.

I'm assuming it would be just the $50.00-even though you booked solo, and paid for a cabin for 2, you are only be charged for port fees/ taxes, for 1 person, and would only be paying gratuities for 1 person-that's my way of thinking....Good luck with that!

Thanks guys, my fingers are crossed that my SIL will still be able to make it. Have 3 more weeks till final payment date, I suspect that extra $50 really won't have too much of an influence on my decision. Since she's not added yet I can still add another person too without any penalties, we'll see how it goes.

Thanks guys, my fingers are crossed that my SIL will still be able to make it. Have 3 more weeks till final payment date, I suspect that extra $50 really won't have too much of an influence on my decision. Since she's not added yet I can still add another person too without any penalties, we'll see how it goes.

If you decide to do the cruise after final payment, and your SIL (or anyone) hasn't been added up to that point, a person could still be added up until the sailing, as the cruise would be paid for-the added person would just need to pay the additional port fees/taxes, and the gratuities. Whatever you decide, happy cruising!:cool:

If you decide to do the cruise after final payment, and your SIL (or anyone) hasn't been added up to that point, a person could still be added up until the sailing, as the cruise would be paid for-the added person would just need to pay the additional port fees/taxes, and the gratuities. Whatever you decide, happy cruising!:cool:

We always knew it was a possibility that she might not get the time off, just had our fingers crossed for a long time now. Talked to DH and he agrees, definitely still going, now who's the lucky person that's joining me? :D