Tell me about your recent "Conquest"

Kermit426

Some questions for people who have gotten the pleasure of sailing on the Conquest recently (since in Miami).

1. Did you have FTTF? If so, did you find it was a benefit?

2. Did you use camp carnival? If so, how old are your children and did they like it? Favorite activity?

3. Balcony cabin? How was the temperature, do I need to bring a fan? (keep home A/C set to kick on if it gets above 73)

4. Debark, what method did you use, approx. how long to get off ship? We have a late flight, so I think we will book car service for 9-9:30, but didn't know how early to get in line to clear customs and make that time.

5. Any hidden gems or well kept secrets we should know about this ship, as we haven't cruised her before?

6. Steakhouse, Behind the Fun, worth it? spend the money somewhere else?

7. Soda card - easy to use? variety? are they using fountain yet, or still cans?

8. Tervis tumblers - did you see/buy any at the Red Frog or Blue Iguana? If so, how much did they cost?

Thanks everyone for your feedback, we are very excited to leave for this cruise in only 2 weeks! It will be DS first cruising experience, but I am sure not his last!

Some questions for people who have gotten the pleasure of sailing on the Conquest recently (since in Miami).

1. Did you have FTTF? If so, did you find it was a benefit?

2. Did you use camp carnival? If so, how old are your children and did they like it? Favorite activity?

3. Balcony cabin? How was the temperature, do I need to bring a fan? (keep home A/C set to kick on if it gets above 73)

4. Debark, what method did you use, approx. how long to get off ship? We have a late flight, so I think we will book car service for 9-9:30, but didn't know how early to get in line to clear customs and make that time.

5. Any hidden gems or well kept secrets we should know about this ship, as we haven't cruised her before?

7. Soda card - easy to use? variety? are they using fountain yet, or still cans?

8. Tervis tumblers - did you see/buy any at the Red Frog or Blue Iguana? If so, how much did they cost?

Thanks everyone for your feedback, we are very excited to leave for this cruise in only 2 weeks! It will be DS first cruising experience, but I am sure not his last!

We sailed on the Christmas cruise.

1. Thought about buying it, but sold out before we could. Ended up with priority embarkation, since the husband was on crutches and luggage showed up by 2pm!

2. Nope, no kids.

3. Yes, temperature was fine all week for both husband (normally hot) and I (normally cold). If you leave the door open, the AC won't run though.

4. We were planning to self-debark, but ended up with #6 luggage tags, so we went with them. Supposed to be off 7:45-8:00, but it was actually 8:30 or so and we were through customs by 9:00. However, there were only 2 customs agents for the whole ship!

5. Try the slide the first day - it was closed most of our cruise with rough seas. The mini-golf is up by the funnel and easy to miss if you don't know it's there. Make sure to go to some of the comedy shows. Have fun!

6. Didn't try either.

7. Didn't have it. If you're a big soda drinker, stop someplace before getting on the ship and carry-on a 12 pack each.

8. Yes, had them at both. $10 for the cup with lid! And you can get them refilled with 16 oz frozen drinks for the 12 oz price!

9. The hair dryers do work, but are fairly weak. If you're wife is used to hers from home, she may want to bring it.

Edited by sissyfromcab

1. Did you have FTTF? If so, did you find it was a benefit? I was Platinum for my last cruise but I have used FTTF out of NOLA before and loved it

2. Did you use camp carnival? If so, how old are your children and did they like it? Favorite activity? My son has always loved the kids camps on each cruise

3. Balcony cabin? How was the temperature, do I need to bring a fan? (keep home A/C set to kick on if it gets above 73) I always bring a small fan. Can not sleep without it

4. Debark, what method did you use, approx. how long to get off ship? We have a late flight, so I think we will book car service for 9-9:30, but didn't know how early to get in line to clear customs and make that time. If it is a small group without a lot of luggage I do self assist. Get off very quickly.

5. Any hidden gems or well kept secrets we should know about this ship, as we haven't cruised her before? If you just want to lay out go all the way up past the tennis courts. Small deck area and you don't have to fight for a chair.

6. Steakhouse, Behind the Fun, worth it? spend the money somewhere else? I have not tried the Steakhouse or the tour on this ship. Did them on the Magic and loved both

7. Soda card - easy to use? variety? are they using fountain yet, or still cans? I get my son a soda card. It does come out of a can but they do not give you the can just a glass with soda and ice. If you are a soda or juice drinker then it is worth it

8. Tervis tumblers - did you see/buy any at the Red Frog or Blue Iguana? If so, how much did they cost? Sorry cant help you with this got mine free. Platinum

Hope this helps. Sorry tried to get my answers to turn red but could not figure it out.

Edited by missypriss19

Steakhouse: absolutely....but go a day you are at port. You WANT to be hungry...... Don't book an 'at sea' day unless you stay chained to your stateroom and away from the Lido deck.....

Behind the Fun: absolutely.....well worth the money.....