Are P&O rethinking pricing again ?

Josy1953

Just looked at 2014 cruises online and found that there are only Vantage and Select prices showing, no Early Savers and no Getaways. Have P&O decided to listen to all of the complaints and revisit the pricing policy ? or am I being optimistic and in fact it is simply a system problem that the Vantage and Select prices are the only ones showing ? I just checked on Cunard site and they are also only showing Cunard Fares, no Getaways or Early Savers. Perhaps Carnival UK really are listening.

Edited by Josy1953

Yes have had information about that, but a month ago, there were already Early Savers on cruises departing next April and May and even September Those appear to have all been taken off and now they are doing Select fares but with loads of extra OBC, thus the people like us who booked early are still worse off.

The real test of P&o's resolve not to repeat the Getaway fiasco will come two months or so before the first cruises with Select Fares - late March. Will they withdraw the Early booker fare, as logically they ought to? Will they bring in late booking reductions to fill empty cabins?

Stuart

What I do not understand about P &o marketing is why did they not follow (or were they not allowed to follow) the Princess policy of offering targeted flash sales to loyal individuals. Loyal minority occasionally getting a great deal without destroying your brand

What I do not understand about P &o marketing is why did they not follow (or were they not allowed to follow) the Princess policy of offering targeted flash sales to loyal individuals. Loyal minority occasionally getting a great deal without destroying your brand

Despite being Elite on Princess (26 cruises excluding those done on P&O which also count) we have never been targeted with flash sales from Princess although my brother in USA who has only done 4 Princess cruises frequently get flash sale offers from them. We regularly get offer from Princess, P&O and Cunard but none come anywhere near what Princess call Flash Sales in the US and none offer anything different than we can see on their sites that are open to anyone.

Despite being Elite on Princess (26 cruises excluding those done on P&O which also count) we have never been targeted with flash sales from Princess although my brother in USA who has only done 4 Princess cruises frequently get flash sale offers from them. We regularly get offer from Princess, P&O and Cunard but none come anywhere near what Princess call Flash Sales in the US and none offer anything different than we can see on their sites that are open to anyone.

From tome to time I receive from Princess offers for Captain's Circle...whether the prices are exclusive just to CC members I'm not too sure but what I do know is that from to time if I sign into my account and then check prices for cruises a lower price comes up than the price before I signed in

The real test of P&o's resolve not to repeat the Getaway fiasco will come two months or so before the first cruises with Select Fares - late March. Will they withdraw the Early booker fare, as logically they ought to? Will they bring in late booking reductions to fill empty cabins?

Stuart

Any commercial organisation will want to maximise income by selling off unwanted/overstocked items (see January Sales etc. etc.) because they generate much needed cash.

P&O will do what ever it takes to fill the ships, particularly those based in the Caribbean throughout Nov/Dec.

If you can afford to pay Brochure/Vantage prices, why complain when those of us who can't take advantage of a last minute offer.

These deals may also attract new business from those who do not see cruising as their major holiday, but an ideal opportunity to dip their toes in the water, so to speak.

I was over 65 when I started cruising the Caribbean. We now look to the much-maligned "Getaway" fares as our only opportunity to revisit our favourite islands, hopefully Nov/Dec 2014.

Stuart

Yes they will, as every other cruise company has done for years. Have you not seen all the offers from the other cruise lines available now?

The deal on Celebrity for the all in package looks a great deal and worth possibly more than the P&O, OBS offer.

Never heard the Celebrity cruisers complain about that.

Any commercial organisation will want to maximise income by selling off unwanted/overstocked items (see January Sales etc. etc.) because they generate much needed cash.

P&O will do what ever it takes to fill the ships, particularly those based in the Caribbean throughout Nov/Dec.

If you can afford to pay Brochure/Vantage prices, why complain when those of us who can't take advantage of a last minute offer.

These deals may also attract new business from those who do not see cruising as their major holiday, but an ideal opportunity to dip their toes in the water, so to speak.

I was over 65 when I started cruising the Caribbean. We now look to the much-maligned "Getaway" fares as our only opportunity to revisit our favourite islands, hopefully Nov/Dec 2014.

Right on geecee, .. Carry on cruising. On getaways. Good for you.

Yes they will, as every other cruise company has done for years. Have you not seen all the offers from the other cruise lines available now?

The deal on Celebrity for the all in package looks a great deal and worth possibly more than the P&O, OBS offer.

Never heard the Celebrity cruisers complain about that.

Good grief Dai, might we get you on a Celebrity cruise some time soon? :D