Breakaway ship tour?

tokidoki

To my recent experience (not on Breakaway), the free tour and the paid tour are now two separate tours* so your husband possibly can't join you - even with money.

*) Free tour being a lot shorter and at least on Jade was lead by the Cruise Consultant who was clearly not as knowledgeable as the CD's staff leading the group on paid tours, there were no crew members telling about their specific department either. YMMV.

I was on the Platinum member's behind the scene's tour on the Gem, on 12 October. While it was the Cruise Consultant that conducted the tour, at each of the stops, the manager or officer of each department actually gave the tour of his or her department. Just like on the paid tour, that I previously was on. Only difference was the waiving of the $55. fee...:)

Platinum tour on the Gem (May 2013) was much shorter than the "paid" version. We only toured the laundry and the galley....barely lasted an hour. We were very disappointed.

On the Dawn, Dec 2012, they scheduled it both weeks we were on board on a tender port day (Belize) in the middle of the day. Talk about discouraging people from taking it???? :(

Platinum tour on the Gem (May 2013) was much shorter than the "paid" version. We only toured the laundry and the galley....barely lasted an hour. We were very disappointed.

On the Dawn, Dec 2012, they scheduled it both weeks we were on board on a tender port day (Belize) in the middle of the day. Talk about discouraging people from taking it???? :(

Sorry that you didn't get to see the entire tour. On our tour, we even got to see the bridge.....our guide took us to the 'bridge viewing room', but then an officer came in, and took us onto the actual bridge...the highlite of the cruise for myself.:)

As for the time they offer the tour....perhaps if they did it on a sea day, it would be too popular to accommodate all who wished to do it, and by doing it the way they did, would not disappoint those they could not accommodate...only those avid to do it would give up the time ashore?:confused:

As a platinum member, finally I will get the tour, but is it worth it for my husband to pay to join me? Also what day on the 7 day bahamas trip will they do it and do they go behind the scenes? Thanks

The tour for platinum members is held on the 1st sea day on the Breakaway - different day from the "paid" one. It is also given by the cruise consultant.

To my recent experience (not on Breakaway), the free tour and the paid tour are now two separate tours* so your husband possibly can't join you - even with money.

*) Free tour being a lot shorter and at least on Jade was lead by the Cruise Consultant who was clearly not as knowledgeable as the CD's staff leading the group on paid tours, there were no crew members telling about their specific department either. YMMV.

That was our experience as well on the Breakaway in May.