experienced cruiser

ANGELDOGGY1

I am interested in taking a cruise with Celebrity in December 2014,part of the cruise will include free classic beverage package.I would like to know if anyone can actually give me the up to date list of what would not be included in this package,and whether it would be more advantageous to upgrade to premium package.?

I can tell you that top shelf liquors are not included. You have a limit of $8.00 per drink on the Classic Package. You also do not get Fresh squeezed OJ. That is a nice plus each morning. Anything over the $8 you pay in full. If you upgrade to the Premium package, you are able to enjoy a cocktail up to $12. Anything over the $12 you pay the difference.

I guess it depends on what you like. Here is a list to help from their website regarding the Classic Drink Package:

Celebrity Cruises proudly partners with following brands to offer you, our guests, greater pleasure and value. Package selections include, but are not limited to the following brands:

Coke, Diet Coke, Fanta Orange, Coke Zero, Sprite, Diet Sprite, Barqs, Aqualina, Coffee, Tea, Cranberry, Pineapple, Tomato, Apple, Grapefruit, Coors Light, Becks, Heineken, Amstel Light, Corona, Heineken Light, Franziskaner, Dos Equis, Red Stripe, Samuel Adams, Leffe, O'Doul's Non-Alcoholic, Johnny Walker Red, Dewars White Label, J & B, Cutty Sark, Canadian Club, Seagram's VO, Seagram's 7, Jameson, Jim Beam, Jack Daniel's Courvoisier VS, Carlos 1, Metaxa 5 Star Classic, Hennessy VS, Beefeaters, Tanqueray, Absolut, Smirnoff, Stolichnaya, Three Olives, Bacardi, Malibu, Captain Morgan Original Spiced, Jose Cuervo, Disaronno Amaretto, Bailey's Irish Cream, Frangelico, Drambuie, Sambuca, Kahlua, Bolini, St. Francis, J & H Selbach, Southern Right, Paul Jaboulet, Jean Luc Colombo, Beringer, Heron's Nest, Tenuta de Nozzole, Rutherford Ranch, Marques de la Concordia.

I thought fresh squeezed OJ and grapefruit juice are included in the Classic Package? I know it comes with CC room service breakfast, but I thought I could get it from the bars as well? Anyone know?

Fresh OJ is included in the classic alcoholic and non alcoholic packages. As someone else said most of the cafe al Bacio menu is also included in the classic. Bottled water and bottled juices are included :) (as well as the alcohol of course)

Edited by DebbieMacG

We just got back from the Silhouette and had the Classic package. I'm not in any way a wine connoisseur but I have to say I was disappointed by the white wine options that met the $8 and under requirement. I was tempted to upgrade to premium while on the ship but then found a cava in the Ensemble Lounge that was okay so I mainly stuck to that.

My husband found the beer choices acceptable.

You will be offered the upgrade once onboard -- not past a certain day of the cruise, however.

We were going to upgrade but others on this board gave advice on seeing if you like what is offered in the classic before upgrading. We are glad we waited. There are a small selection of martinis that are available in the Classic package, which did surprise us. They are smaller in size and not made with top shelf liquor, but good enough for our tastes.

If you hand the bartender your card and just ask him to tell you what is available under the classic package, he/she will give you those options.

As in a previous post in this thread, the wine selection with the classic package is quite limited. They had some decent red wines (not excellent) but their white wine choices were way too limited. We made due but have upgraded to the premium for our next cruise. But, I would suggest just seeing what is in the classic package when you board, if it suits you fine, save yourself a few dollars. If not...then upgrade and it is prorated for the days it is used -- moving forward -- meaning once you upgrade, all days left in the cruise will be charged for the premium package. I don't believe the upgrade option is available towards the end of the cruise -- only in the first few days.

do you know whether you have to pay for anything over $ 88.00 per day per cabin like it says in the listing.Does it actually cover only that amount,in other words does the total actually only cover $616.00 for a 7 day cruise?

do you know whether you have to pay for anything over $ 88.00 per day per cabin like it says in the listing.Does it actually cover only that amount,in other words does the total actually only cover $616.00 for a 7 day cruise?

Package includes unlimited beverages. There is no daily limit. You can drink to your heart's content! :D

The $616 or $88 times 7, is the value of the classic beverage package that is offered with the 123 promotion. As gimletgal mentioned it includes unlimited beverages that cost $8.00 per drink or less.

You'll note I didn't say what you get for free, only that it is included in that promotion since IMO it is built into the price of the cruise and isn't an option with most if not all discounted fares and lower cost inside bookings.:rolleyes:

Edited by robtulipe