The good the bad and the ugly from my adventures on the Carnival Splendor

lovelearnteach

After reading this review I feel, ...........  

195 members have voted

1. 1. After reading this review I feel, ...........

• angry!
    • sad.
    • this person should not write any more reviews!
    • confused, really just unsure how I feel about it.
    • entertained.
    • informed.
    • better for having read it.

The font and lack of spacing is throwing me off.

Also the poll doesn't make sense.

Sorry you had a crummy time op.

Okay well I'm keeping font, more breaking up and spacing for sure :).

I think I pretty well explained it, you can vote at any point, and as many as you want to chose.

No actually we didn't, which is why I said we've yet to have a bad cruise :).

Wow, well I'm not a medical professional, but if something were making me go blind I would stop :rolleyes:. Point taken :p:).
I concur, my wife banned me from those adult channels ;)

ps my wife isnt a medical professional either so you have something in common.

Edited by Keel Haul

Okay well I'm keeping font, more breaking up and spacing for sure :).

I think I pretty well explained it, you can vote at any point, and as many as you want to chose.

No actually we didn't, which is why I said we've yet to have a bad cruise :).

Due to the font and spacing(Thank You for fixing) I didn't read too much of your review.

Since you put the words "Bad" and "Ugly" in a title, and then in the first post states you will never sail Carnival again, it's hard not to infer that you had a crummy cruise.

Haven't voted as none of the options address how I feel about what you've written.

I do appreciate you coming back to address questions and concerns .Thanks

everyone is intitled to their views on what they liked, didn't like. I as well am looking forward to the rest of the OPS review. I as well go with the flow, there is almost always something a little off to make you think hmmm.. but still have a good time.

instead of focusing on why he won't sail Carnival again, because as of yet, i haven't read him bad mouthing for something too trivial to say that is why he won't. like other one time posters who say they will never sail because of something totally stupid or their own fault for not reading up on whats what.

I've read reviews of people who just say either Carnival is not for them (as this is what I'm reading into this review) or they say, cruising in general is not for them. Everyone has their likes and dislikes. I enjoy it myself :)

Waiting for the rest of your review op :)

I had planed not to comment on this review until it was said and done.

After reading a few comments , I'll put in my fifty cent worth ;).

I enjoy reviews like the OP's ,if you read here long enough you will notice that people writing reviews will get ripped into for their opinions long before the actual review begins.

I can tell you after reading here for years most people that start reviews read the comments and never finish their reviews, I cant blame them. Look how many reviews I have done, not to many :D. To me it's not worth writing a review if others attack the OP or the review before it actually comes to life.

I hope the OP will finish this review ,we really do learn things from another's point of view.

Enjoying your review OP .

Due to the font and spacing(Thank You for fixing) I didn't read too much of your review.

Since you put the words "Bad" and "Ugly" in a title, and then in the first post states you will never sail Carnival again, it's hard not to infer that you had a crummy cruise.

Haven't voted as none of the options address how I feel about what you've written.

I do appreciate you coming back to address questions and concerns .Thanks

Okay come on it's not that bad, annoying yes, but not unreadable ;):).

I also put good in the title, but I see how you would infer that from just those few key words. Please try to have an open mind is all I ask :).

Well you'll just have to keep reading to see if one eventually does :D.

I respond to every post as I'm writing my account of my vacation, I just feel it would be rude not to, but that's just me :).

Geez! Leave the guy alone and let him post the review already! i'll be on the splendor in 5 days and the suspense is killing me!!! :D

I'm off, for winter break, all week so I should be a able to get it done by the end of the week, although no promises. After all tomorrow is my Birthday, and New Year's Eve :).

Happy Birthday, Happy New Year. Looking forward to the details of your review. Thank you for taking the time.

I have been on the Splendor 3 times with 2 more booked before she leaves NYC. I choose it because of the convenience (train ride) and price/value. I have my own opinions (good,bad,ugly) but still read all Splendor reviews because I love hearing other perspectives. I no longer post reviews though because people on this board are just mean . . .

everyone is intitled to their views on what they liked, didn't like. I as well am looking forward to the rest of the OPS review. I as well go with the flow, there is almost always something a little off to make you think hmmm.. but still have a good time.

instead of focusing on why he won't sail Carnival again, because as of yet, i haven't read him bad mouthing for something too trivial to say that is why he won't. like other one time posters who say they will never sail because of something totally stupid or their own fault for not reading up on whats what.

I've read reviews of people who just say either Carnival is not for them (as this is what I'm reading into this review) or they say, cruising in general is not for them. Everyone has their likes and dislikes. I enjoy it myself :)

Waiting for the rest of your review op

Yes exactly ;):).

You know the negative posts started before my little disclaimer and explanation of the survey, so knock on wood it seems people are going to respect it. I don't mind criticism, but I ask that it be constructive. I'm far from perfect and only human :p:D:).

Thank-you.

I had planed not to comment on this review until it was said and done.

After reading a few comments , I'll put in my fifty cent worth ;).

I enjoy reviews like the OP's ,if you read here long enough you will notice that people writing reviews will get ripped into for their opinions long before the actual review begins.

I can tell you after reading here for years most people that start reviews read the comments and never finish their reviews, I cant blame them. Look how many reviews I have done, not to many :D. To me it's not worth writing a review if others attack the OP or the review before it actually comes to life.

I hope the OP will finish this review ,we really do learn things from another's point of view.

Enjoying your review OP .

You know I have found if you ask people to express themselves through the survey, giving them an outlet to be negative without disrupting the thread, it really works. We are all for the most part just regular people here giving our personal opinion of our experiences, you can take it or leave it. I for one am always grateful to everyone who takes the time to write it down and share, and am just trying to pay it forward by writing mine :).

Thank-you :).

Just curious..Where did they hold the muster drill since its cold out?

Also, Did you have any rough/ rocky seas?

We sail her next month.

Thanks

Oh ho ho, that my friend is the million dollar question and one of the points that will keep me from sailing Carnival. I will get into the gory details later, but outside my friend in the freezing cold :mad:.

No we didn't really, we had beautiful weather until the last 2 days. Coming back was cloudy, cold and drizzly, but it was never bad, a little rocky maybe, but I love a little rocky I sleep so good with a little rocky :).

Happy cruising :).

Oh ho ho, that my friend is the million dollar question and one of the points that will keep me from sailing Carnival. I will get into the gory details later, but outside my friend in the freezing cold :mad:.

Happy cruising :).

Oy...Muster drill in the cold. Figures :(

Gotta be a way to do this inside.

Happy Birthday, Happy New Year. Looking forward to the details of your review. Thank you for taking the time.

I have been on the Splendor 3 times with 2 more booked before she leaves NYC. I choose it because of the convenience (train ride) and price/value. I have my own opinions (good,bad,ugly) but still read all Splendor reviews because I love hearing other perspectives. I no longer post reviews though because people on this board are just mean . . .

I don't blame you, if I lived within driving distance I would definitely sail Carnival again, but I don't, I have to fly to cruise and I just don't see me choosing to fly for a Carnival cruise again. The Splendor is a fine ship except for the booth seating which is too cushioned and you sink down and feel eventually as if your sitting on the floor.

I'm looking forward to your review and reading about your experiences. I have not been on any other line but Carnival so I don't have a source of comparison.

I am always disappointed though that a person will leave any cruise line based on just one experience. I've been on 14 different Carnival ships, out of 5 different embarkation ports and each of them has had a different vibe.

Décor is unimportant to me. As long as it's clean and in an acceptable level of functionality I'm good.