Dinner Specials on Sun???

alwalaska

They are offering a special of $57 for Le Bristro, East Meets West, and Il Adagio.

I was wondering if anyone who has been on the Sun lately noticed if they were offering any dinner promotions once on board.

It is a good deal, but I have OBC and would rather wait until the ship to book since I want to use my OBC rather than a credit card now.

They are offering a special of $57 for Le Bristro, East Meets West, and Il Adagio.

I was wondering if anyone who has been on the Sun lately noticed if they were offering any dinner promotions once on board.

It is a good deal, but I have OBC and would rather wait until the ship to book since I want to use my OBC rather than a credit card now.

Didn't notice any specials on our sailing Dec.11, and we ate at Moderno once, Le Bistro 2 times ( plus the jazz brunch), and Il Adagio 3 times, so hopefully we didn't miss anything.. not to say there won't be something on your sailing date!

Didn't notice any specials on our sailing Dec.11, and we ate at Moderno once, Le Bistro 2 times ( plus the jazz brunch), and Il Adagio 3 times, so hopefully we didn't miss anything.. not to say there won't be something on your sailing date!

Thanks for the info. Any recommendations on specialty dining and/or particular menu items?

Oh boy- lots of things we loved! Minestrone soup, calamari, grilled shrimp, at Il Adagio; picanha sirloin at Moderno; coq au vin at Le Bistro..

I am working on a bit of a review of our cruise and it will be heavily food-oriented; so, in a couple of days I'll have a list of what we tried! We certainly enjoyed it overall.

It will only save you $8.00.

Thanks. I realized that, but we are thinking of trying all 3 of these since we are traveling in a group and we have a nice OBC this time. $8 is $8 if we are doing it any way. We definitely won't eat specialty meals enough to get the new unlimited dining.

I don't want to buy it ahead of time though because then I can't use my OBC.

I think our last cruise had a get an Italian dinner free if you buy a Cagney's and both are on port nights or something like that.

We just came off the Sun (Holiday cruise) and we ate at Il Adagio, East Meets West (2X), and Le Bistro. No dinner specials at all during the week. We pre purchased the meals and were given a bottle of house wine on the first night. I think you get it free if you book Il Adagio on your first evening and prepay your meals. I can't remember but it tells you when you book the specialty dining. Our favorite on this cruise was the East Meets West.

We have been on 6 previous NCL cruises and have tried many specialty restaurants. We weren't as impressed with Le Bistro as on other ships. Part of it had to do with the bread that was served. I know it seems petty but it was the same bread that they had in the MDR and the buffet and usually they have this great French bread that my husband drools for, but alas, no special bread here. I ate the duck for dinner and that was fantastic! It was a breast and a leg quarter and it was out of this world!

We ate at the steakhouse twice and the meal was outstanding both nights. Bread here was awesome! The Italian was okay, I was just hoping for other meal choices. I ended up eating Salmon, which tasted great but not very Italian. I wanted something like a Chicken or Veal Piccata or Marsala with some vegetables but they didn't have anything like that.

We always had good service wherever we ate, MDR, buffet, or specialty. I will say I do not like the buffet layout on the SUN. It is too crowded and not open enough. (meaning I felt claustrophobic, not the hours!) We mostly ate breakfast in the 7 Seas MDR. We had some lunches in the buffet but here is a tip: Go eat on the Moderno side (Port) there is a small buffet with a pasta and pizza station, salad bar, and sandwiches, and it is much more quiet on that side of the ship. If the Great Outdoors is open this is also a great spot if you've got good weather. There is a buffet back there also.

Well, hope you have a great trip. Wishing I was back in the Caribbean. Currently waiting for the arctic cold to hit us here in NC. Have a great time!

Edited by orangegrove

I highly recommend the Il Adagio. It is my favorite NCL restaurant. Great for a romantic dinner with curved elevated booths that face the sea. Every table and booth has a sea view.

Brenda: Thanks for the suggestion. We didn't try any of the Sun's specialty restaurants last year but plan to this year during our Panama Canal/Pacific Coastal cruise. We ate at La Cucina on the Epic in December and it was fabulous.