Should I be nervoius about the Sunshine, the reviews are bad! What to do?

paulgraff

I think it means he's at a job he hates. And that's 51 weeks a year.

He must hate it really really a lot.

I have had a few bad days on cruises.

Being at work would have been less stressful.

People who say that a bad day on a cruise is better than a good day at work must really not have experienced a bad day on a cruise.

Edited by mzloolue

My family just got off the ship on the 29th so we sailed very full over Christmas. While we had an enjoyable time, other Carnival ships are much better. This ship has the new, abbreviated shows with smaller casts and few props. The dining room waiters were very nice but too busy. The cruise staff led by Jaime was much less fun than we have experienced in the past. I would go on the Dream class or whatever ship has Butch Begovich. However, if you still go on the Sunshine, you'll still have a good time - it just won't be like your experience on some other Carnival ships.

Remember when reading reviews that not ALL of us who sailed the Sunshine wrote a review. I have commented on many threads that the Sunshine was an outstanding ship when we sailed the Med in June. In fact after 20 cruises, she is, to date, my favorite. I guess we all have our own opinions and expectations. If you go looking for disappointments, as many on these boards do, you can probably find them.

I don't remember if we are allowed to post links here. If I'm wrong for doing so Mods, delete and accept my apology.

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/sunshine/sunshine.ashx

This link shows what was added. It shows that 182 staterooms were added. That's 364 people just at double occupancy. Go back and read the reviews about overcrowding on the Destiny reviews and picture adding this many more people to the crowds.

As the OP thanks to all who left their comments I appreciate your time and advice.

The crowds don't bother me, our family usually sails at Christmas so full cruise ships never with tons of kids never really bother me.

I was just concerned with the low 58% approval rating on CC of this ship, I mean thats below failing.

FYI I called CCL and expressed my concerns and they will allow me to change ships without losing any money at all. Nice! However, I have not made up my mind yet on what to do.

We chose this cruise because we want to go to Paradise Island over the July 4th holiday, any other CCL suggestions on "better" ships?

Thanks again, PG

As the OP thanks to all who left their comments I appreciate your time and advice.

The crowds don't bother me, our family usually sails at Christmas so full cruise ships never with tons of kids never really bother me.

I was just concerned with the low 58% approval rating on CC of this ship, I mean thats below failing.

FYI I called CCL and expressed my concerns and they will allow me to change ships without losing any money at all. Nice! However, I have not made up my mind yet on what to do.

We chose this cruise because we want to go to Paradise Island over the July 4th holiday, any other CCL suggestions on "better" ships?

Thanks again, PG

There is nothing wrong with your original plan.

That Carnival will allow you to switched demonstrates great customer service and confidence in their product offerings.

Two people can be on the same cruise and have completely different experiences. I rarely read reviews and never take any with more than a grain of salt and often less.

Thanks again, PG

I would personally stay with the Sunshine. Not sure where you got the 58% but I wouldn't let other peoples opinion make up my mind.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

58% approval came from members reviews right here on CC.

I'll board Sunday and I'm sure it will be a great ship and cruise......Don't be alarmed about the 58% of those on CC....because there are less than 5% of Carnival cruisers that even post on CC....so with the 5% of the cruisers liking it 58%......that's pretty good. :D

I'll board Sunday and I'm sure it will be a great ship and cruise......Don't be alarmed about the 58% of those on CC....because there are less than 5% of Carnival cruisers that even post on CC....so with the 5% of the cruisers liking it 58%......that's pretty good. :D

^^ This. Plus, people are more inclined to vent if they have a bad time than cheer if they had a good time. I'll be on Sunshine one month from today and I fully intend to have a good time!

58% approval came from members reviews right here on CC.

CC members are a very small percentage of people who cruise. When most people have a great time on the cruise they are more apt to keep it to themselves, they enjoyed their cruise and that's all that matters to them. People who have a bad experience on a cruise want the world to know about it, and they never quit complaining. People who hate Carnival and vow to never step foot on Carnival again spend more time on the Carnival forums complaining than they do on the forums of the cruise lines they do like. Go on the Sunshine and form your own opinion. You'll have a great time.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

Just got back from cruising on Sunshine. Although not my favorite ship, we still had a wonderful time. You could not ask for better staff. Food in main dining room some of the best we have had cruising. Unfortunately I can't say the same for the buffet. We had a cabin with a window and it was great. This is a smaller ship than the others we have cruised on so be prepared to arrive early to get good seats at shows. If small and personal is your game you will love Sunshine. If big and grand is what you are looking for you might want to reconsider. The only main problem we had was our phone in the cabin did not work. Since there were several of us in our group on different floors, this was a huge pain. If It is going to cost you a lot to change, I wouldn't. The positives far outweighed the negatives! Hope this helped!:)

We believe every cruise is what we make it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

Well I bet the people on the Titanic, The Costa Concordia, and The Triumph would disagree with this.

PG

So agree. DW and I can have the best attitude of anyone, and still have bad cruise experiences. Also never have understood that a bad day on a cruise is better than a good day at work. I retired after 40 years with the same company. I had some bad days, but most were good to better than good. Otherwise I would not have stayed for 40 years.

I can influence my cruise experience, but the ship, staff, service rendered also has an impact on the experience. Thus it is not a blanket statement of "A cruise is what you make of it.":rolleyes:

I posted a mini review today of my family's Christmas cruise on Sunshine. Many of the problems we experienced could have been chalked up to the fact that Sunshine was at absolute maximum capacity (considered to be FULL at 3006 with 2 berths per cabin filled, yet we had over 3700 on our Christmas sailing due to lots of kids occupying 3rd, 4th and 5th berths). :eek: The ship (and her crew) were clearly overworked with all those people on board.

Since you are going at a time when it will not be insanely packed with people, you will probably not experience as many problems. I would definitely not cancel if doing so would cause you to lose money. The ship is beautiful and the 2.0 upgrades were great. My husband and son LOVED the Water park! The slides are VERY fast!

Despite the minor issues we experienced, we still had a very good time on our cruise, and any cruise is always better than a week at work or school! :)

Edited by Laurin612