Pact vial Breeze 12-21-13 review

IDcruising

This review is my opinion of my Carnival Breeze 12-21-13 cruise

We stayed at the Marriott Springhill Suites the night before the cruise. There were four of us, we shared a van taxi with another family of four. It was $5 a person, took us 10 minutes. We arrived at 11:45AM walked into the the VIP lounge and on board within minutes. Both of our rooms were ready as we are Platinum on Carnival.

We had two rooms on deck 12, the Spa deck. The inside cabin was laid out well and very room. You get Elemis shampoo, conditioner, lotion and shower gel. You get a Spa robe and very nice Spa towels. The Spa amenities you get with the room are wonderful as is the close location to the Spa. I will definitely be booking on the Spa deck again. Our cabin steward did a great job.

We purchased the Cheers program and enjoyed it. I will answer any questions you may have.

The only thing I did not like is, you pay 15% tip on program, and you can't afford to tip another 15% to every server. So, I tipped cash to all the servers we used regularly. The tips from the program go into a tip pool. I did feel uncomfortable not tipping every time, but who can afford 30% tip on drinks. I don't know if there is a solution or not or I just feel bar servers are getting ripped off.

The ship itself is decorated very nicely. I love all the choices you have to eat at. We ate at Fahrenheit 555, there is a $35 up charge. The food and service was well worth it. We ate dinner at the Cuccina de Captain, there is a $12 up charge at dinner time. Lunch is free and the menu is yummy and it's a sit down restaurant. I would give the quality of the Dining Room a C plus. Service the same. Our beverage server in the Blush dining room, Ivanna was awesome! Very friendly and accommodated us very well. Guy's burgers very yummy. Much better than the burgers Carnival use to serve. The Mongolian BBQ was yummy, always a 20 minute or more wait, my husband never minded waiting as he said the food was worth it. The Iguana burrito and taco bar also very yummy. C side BBQ, not good. We are from the South and BBQ is our hobby, you can't call it true BBQ. Deli sandwiches ok. The Buffett was good and had many choices. The pizza bar was great. The taste bar was excellent.

The Punch liner comedy club was great. Jeff, the host does a great job. We went every night they performed. There was entertainment throughout the cruise and never a boring moment.

The ship was decorated for Christmas, not over done, in case you where trying to get away from Christmas. Carnival did a great job.

The serenity deck was very nice. I wish Carnival did an Adults only pool.

I loved all the intimate sitting places around the ship. Carnival did a great job on that.

Any questions, I will try my best to answer.

It was our best Carnival Cruise and plan to cruise most Christmas's.

Edited by IDcruising
Spelling

Thank you for posting a quick review. I will agree with the MDR...some nights we had great service, but there were 2 nights we had off service...once it was VERY slow and just eh, and the other our server was having a bad night, you could tell from his attitude. The food was great some nights and other nights it was just OK. We never went hungry, and it certainly didn't ruin our cruise, but I think the staff is stretched a little thin and it shows.

Thanks for your quick review. I will be sailing on her in May. Just curious as to why the lower grade for the MDR. It seems MDR menus and services are slipping these days from what I keep reading here.

When you compare it to the steak house and Cucina del Capitano if fails miserably. The Cucina del capitano is fabulous and its only $12pp we ate there 4 nights out of 8 and we met people that go everynight of the cruise.