Allure Running Track-Deck 3...Just how narrow is it?

CHAMPDDS

Watched a video of someone doing a walking lap around the track on the Allure of the Seas. I have run many miles on the Freedom, but it is open air and is fairly wide (not a whole lot, but wide on the turns).... The Allure looks like it is very narrow, especially in the turns....is it just the camera view or is it tough to take the turns at any reasonable pace?

Thanks

David:D

The track is on Deck 5. It does narrow on the turns, but it's manageable. You may have to slow down a bit if there are other people close by and due to limited sight for anyone that may be around the corner.

You're not going to be able to bust out 8 min miles, but the track is the best thing at sea for runners.

From my Oasis Review about the track...

Day 6 - Sea Day:

I woke up at 4 am to the sound of my sliding closet door slamming shut and let me tell you I jumped up so fast, one would have thought my sheets were of fire! We were rocking badly and I typically don't notice. Okay back to bed I went. I woke up this morning and really had the urge to run on the track, so that's what I did. For some weird reason it felt like I was wearing weights or something or maybe it was all the food I've been eating? Jury is still out on that one. To enter the track head down to deck 5 and you can enter from either side. There were a lot of people on the track so be carful of your surroundings. I actually saw a guy go down face first trying to pass walkers in the running lane.

IMG_1400_zps72e10828.jpg

IMG_1394_zps8676b206.jpg

As Michael pointed out in his photos the track is narrow when compared to top deck running/walking tracks or when compared to deck 4 on Voyager/Freedom class ships. However it does function well for walking and running, so you should certainly check it out.

As an avid runner, I'd say it's the best you're going to get at sea. At least you won't get dizzy like on many ships where you have to run 11 laps per mile. I have always found that some people like to use the tracks for a leisurely walk sometimes 3 wide blocking the entire track, but I guess that's just how it is. Since this track is mostly covered you don't have to worry about getting rained on either and it's better IMO than a treadmill.

We spend 1 hour per day on the running track on Oasis class....IMO best track on any ship I have seen. It is plenty wide enough. There are rules of the track....Run/walk counter clockwise and walkers use right lane, runners use left lane. It drives me absolutely crazy when clueless people do not follow the signs and walk in the opposite direction or walk side by side each other thus preventing the runners from passing. These absent minded strollers can very easily cause someone to suffer an injury, or get hurt themselves by a runner trying to dodge them.

While out on the track n December, Ken Rush was on the track too and politely reminded a couple older ladies that they were walking the opposite direction and should be walking single file.......THEY ROLLOED THIER EYEs at him!!! Mr Rush earned bonus points in my book that day!