Conquest Departure Delayed 1/5

Opie

We just got an e-mail (http://ebm.cheetahmail.com/c/tag/hBSweznB8rLb0B83cB-NtUJabZa/doc.html) that our departure is being delayed for various reasons. It means we're stuck at the hotel past check-out and have to take cabs instead of the scheduled port shuttle. I was wondering if anyone has gotten that message before on their Carnival cruise, and if so what time they recommend arriving.

Edited by Opie

We just got an e-mail (http://ebm.cheetahmail.com/c/tag/hBSweznB8rLb0B83cB-NtUJabZa/doc.html) that our departure is being delayed for various reasons. It means we're stuck at the hotel past check-out and have to take cabs instead of the scheduled port shuttle. I was wondering if anyone has gotten that message before on their Carnival cruise, and if so what time they recommend arriving.

We too are sailing on the Conquest Jan 5, but we have not received any notice yet. thanks for posting. Won't be a big deal for us as DW's uncle will drop us off when the time comes. :confused:

Can't speak for your email but yes many people have received emails such as you have. A large amount of people have chosen to pay no attention to the email (myself en lured) once arriving at port there was no indication of any delay.

If it were me I would check out, take the shuttle and sit at the pier.

Can't speak for your email but yes many people have received emails such as you have. A large amount of people have chosen to pay no attention to the email (myself en lured) once arriving at port there was no indication of any delay.

If it were me I would check out, take the shuttle and sit at the pier.

Thank you - was considering same. How long were you stuck at the pier with your luggage? Were you still allowed to board on time?

Edited by Opie

This seems to happen more frequently on ships that are returning from Belize, which this one appears to be. Probably won't be as long as they're saying, but it sounds like they're just giving you a heads up. Have a great cruise!!!!:D:D

I got my email too for this cruise. I would be curious to know if the previous cruise(s) returning from Belize on the Conquest received the same thing and what the outcome was.

Just read on another thread that the Carnival ship leaving 1-4 is also going to be a late embarkation. Seem odd 2 ships in 2 days????

This e- mail means nothing....we got it and were on the lido by 11:30 am. The ship is not really delayed as far as boarding goes but we didn't leave until after 5:00, its just the standard e - mail they now send out.

Edited by Midwestgal

We have not received this email yet and on the same ship same day. Interesting that some have come and others are not notified yet. I just looked at my check in and I had not submitted my "Optional" Email address. Edited it and now it is there. I hate giving my email out to all of these place that 'promise' that it will not be shared with anyone.

Edited by varganator

They really are just trying to disperse the crowds, no matter how often they want to deny it.........If there was going to be a definite delay, then everyone on the sailing would get the email.......but very often only about 1/2 the passengers get the notice.....

I never let it change my plans and the hotel shuttles will still run on a regular schedule..........I arrive at the pier by 10:30 and it's rarely later than noon when I'm boarding the ship......

We are on the 1/4 Dream which is a Western route sailing. The one coming in on that day is an eastern, so wouldn't be delayed because of a Belize stop. I received the email and it did say for "routine maintenance tests".

The odd thing is that not only was boarding pushed LATER, it was also made LONGER. It changed from 12:30-3 to 2-5:30.

What seems to be bothering people at the roll call is that they have only informed people a few days ahead of time. People get concerned about problems and/or sickness when there is short notice.

My plan is to keep an eye on it over the next few days. People with FTTF in particular are really bummed.

I think the difference between these most recent notices and the ones that folks are referring to as an attempt to "spread out the crowds" is that the DEPARTURE time is DELAYED.

If they were just trying to keep the 11 a.m. rush down, they would not be delaying the departure of the ship for up to 2 hours. 2 hour delay means burning more fuel to get to the first port on time, or delaying arrival, neither of which they are going to do just to try and spread out the arrivals.

For example, Dream normally leaves PC at 4 p.m. On Saturday she will not leave prior to 5:30. This indicates an actual delay.

IMO deep cleaning of the ship as we are hitting NoroSeason, but I have nothing to back that up. Once we start to hear from folks on this week's cruises we should know more.

What would Belize have to do with it? The Carnival Dream going out on Jan 4th also has a stop in Belize and is delayed for "routine maintenance". Odd.

Belize is one of the few ports where you can still by prescription drugs without an RX for deeply discounted prices. They say that getting through customs takes longer on cruises that have been there.

That hasn't been my experience though, I've not faced extra screening or had a slower debarkation experience.

Even when they say there is going to be a 90 day crew inspection it hasn't delayed boarding or departure more than about 30 minutes, certainly not enough to alter my arrival time.