Help me tell my hubby about Carnival/Elation! 10/30

Sablerose

Hi all,

My hubby is currently deployed, and we're going to be taking our first cruise together (my second cruise, but it hardly counts considering mine was so long ago) in October.

We're going to be on the Elation.

Can anyone go into any detail about the different stuff that's available on the Elation? I'd love to fill his head with dreams and visions of yummy food while he's in an undisclosed location eating mess chow.

Plus, I've got to be honest, I'm a food lover and can't wait to find out.

How's the dining room?

Lunches in the dining room?

How's the Lido buffet?

Is there a Chocolate buffet?

What is the buffet like?

News of the sushi bar?

What's the best drinks to have?

Breakfasts? What and when?

Does the Elation have a deli like some ships do?

How's the pizza?

Anything and everything would be greatly appreciated!! I cut and paste some of these threads and send them to him in e-mail so he can read everyone's feedback.

Thank you so much in advance!!!

I was on the Elation last year I'll answer what I can :)

How's the dining room?

The food in the dining room was great! We ate in the dining room every night and looked forward to it everyday. We had wonderful waitresses and they remembered our preferences from night to night. For example I like hot tea with milk so everynight they would bring me a glass of milk to use in my tea. The desserts were to die for, you have to try the chocolate souffle.

Lunches in the dining room?

I only ate lunch in the dining room once or twice (when we didn't like the selection in the buffet). The food was good.

How's the Lido buffet?

We usually ate lunch at the lido buffet. The food was fairly good in Tiffanys. Each day they featured food from a different country ie japanese, italy, mexico. One day it was United states and they had things like fried chicken. There was tons of food. Some things were really good and some things I just didn't care for. I never ate supper there so can't comment about that. Late each night they set up a buffet at about 10 pm. It was perfect for a quick snack after the shows and before bedtime. We wandered through the lido throughout the day for drinks. They had tea, coffee, hot chocolate, fruitpunch, water and ice tea available all the time. Also they had soft serve ice cream machines going pretty well 24 hours a day, very good as well.

Is there a Chocolate buffet?

I don't think there was, if there was we missed it.

What is the buffet like?

The midnight buffet was very neat but I just went for the "viewing". I wasn't going to wait in a huge line again to eat at it.

News of the sushi bar?

There is a sushi bar. it is open later in the afternoon. We never ate at it because we had early seating and it would have spoiled our dinner.

Not a big drinker. I had only a few and found them very strong.

Breakfasts? What and when?

We ate in the dining room twice for eggs benedict. The rest of the time we ate at the buffet. They made omelets while you wait, they had all the usual breakfast things like sausage, bacon, hasbrowns etc. Also they had yougurt, cold cereal, and fresh fruit.

Does the Elation have a deli like some ships do?

They did make made to order sandwiches at lunch time in Tiffanys but not all the time. I never tried them.

How's the pizza?

I found the pizza and calzones just OK. Most people rave about the pizza so maybe I just had it on a bad day. Att the pizza station they also have ceaser salads. They were pretty good.

Thank you!!! That's awesome! :D:D

Can't wait to hear anyone else's experiences or thoughts!

I get more excited every day.

Hi,

We (12 of us, families & friends.) were on the Elation last May. The lunch buffet were bountiful. One can always find something he/she digs. Assumning Carnaival is not decided to match Holland Americ's 4 stars standard's management--- serving baked fish and beef tenderloin just about every day at the lunch buffet. I did not care much about the limited variet of food been served at lunch buffet (Actually all three meals on ship were not good on Rotterdam when we did the Mediterranean cruise in May. I am a person with beer taste to match my packet. My son lives in France, he loved the "good food" been served on Rotterdam.).

The deli was great also. No matter what kind of sandwich you order, ask it to be toasted. Lox and Roubin were my favorite. I love lunch buffet, so I have to find time to have my sandwich. Like had them for afternoon snack. Or missing lunch coming back from excursion.

Not an ice cream person, but did tried coffee & peach flavor when they were offered.. They were pretty good.

DH & other gentlemen in our group ate sushi 3 times when they passed the sushi bar by chance. I think they just popped them in their mouth not even bother to find a seat. I stop by once, the price list beside the glass case intimated me, I did not ask whether they free? They were. I don't like sushi anyway. The raw fish is not my kind of food. Lox was curded, I don't consider it raw. One afternoon, the Place smell VERY, VERY FISHY, that means "NOT FRESH.

If the ship dock at cozumel, do take the SEA TREK excursion. It cost $50, but well worth the money. There were only 6 of us who had signed up. The staff at the Shore Excursion gave us wrong info( Trying to discourage us on purpose???). He said," If you wear glasses, you have to take them off, you won't be able to see anything. If you decided to stay for snorkling, you have to pay for your own transportation. The snorkling will be extra charge". All of the info were not true. Four of us worn bi-focus. May be they didn't send a bus or big van for us, so we can chose what time to leave the park. The National park paid for both way. They told us to tell them when we were ready to leave. We spent a few hours in the Botanic Garden & Archeology Park after the fantastic sea floor treking-dancing Marganina(??) under water and snorkling in the lagoon( The gears were included.). Even if you have to pay your own fare back to the ship, you shall stay on to enjoy the park.

The tubing in Belize were great also.

The food will be great(They were pretty good to me.), considering your husband is in the service. I imaging the mass food served where ever he is, will be the same grade as in prision or school cafeteria. That why people shall send care package to show our apprecation for their sacrifice & bravely occasionally!!!!

Have a good time!!!!!!

Well to start off you and your husband will LOVE the Elation!! We have sailed her twice and its just a wonderful ship! She's our favorite!

How's the dining room? They are great! Its a lot of fun to eat there at nights!

Lunches in the dining room? Very good, but I do prefer the lido deck during lunch because they have open sitting during breakfast and lunch.

How's the Lido buffet? VERY good.

Is there a Chocolate buffet? Yes on the last day of the cruise! I will give you a tip line up early! Although the line does travel fast!

What is the buffet like? Its very good as well. Oh and do not forget the Mexican food buffet midnight buffet!

News of the sushi bar? They have a sushi bar.

Breakfasts? What and when? You can eat in the Lido (tiffany’s) or in the formal dining room. Out of both (as I said above) I prefer eating on the Lido because the formal dining is open sitting.

Does the Elation have a deli like some ships do? Yes the Elation has a deli!

How's the pizza? The best in the WORLD!! You have to try the Pizza!

Archived