Yes... another "The requested reservation is currently being modified..." Question

So faux pas, but I've been trying to access my reservation all day, since this morning, and keep getting the "The requested reservation is currently being modified. Please try again at a later time." message, or "We're sorry, but we are unable to retrieve your booking information at this time. For assistance, please call 866-562-7625."

I'm writing to know if anyone else is having trouble accessing their reservation today as well?

We received an email today saying our documentation is available for our upcoming Feb cruise on allure. We are also booked in a GTY Balcony room, which was assigned quite awhile ago.

Anyone have any thoughts? Insights?

So faux pas, but I've been trying to access my reservation all day, since this morning, and keep getting the "The requested reservation is currently being modified. Please try again at a later time." message, or "We're sorry, but we are unable to retrieve your booking information at this time. For assistance, please call 866-562-7625."

I'm writing to know if anyone else is having trouble accessing their reservation today as well?

We received an email today saying our documentation is available for our upcoming Feb cruise on allure. We are also booked in a GTY Balcony room, which was assigned quite awhile ago.

Anyone have any thoughts? Insights?

Seems to be happening to many folks. You can try going in the back way by not logging in, clearing cookies, and using this link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/boardingDocuments.do

If that doesn't work, all you can do is call Royal.

I've been having the same problem for a couple of days too. I called and they said it was cleared and to do what clarea said. But it's not working for me. I'll call them again tomorrow. We leave for Ft Lauderdale Thursday for our cruise on the 4th and need to print our stuff.

Edited by TexasBelle

I've been having the same problem for a couple of days too. I called and they said it was cleared and to do what clarea said. But it's not working for me. I'll call them again tomorrow. We leave for Ft Lauderdale Thursday for our cruise on the 4th and need to print our stuff.

Try going the back way to 'before you board' as suggested by Clarea, but then go to pre cruise planner or countdown to cruise, then once logged in through there, go to your documentation. This worked for me.

Try going the back way to 'before you board' as suggested by Clarea, but then go to pre cruise planner or countdown to cruise, then once logged in through there, go to your documentation. This worked for me.

I've been locked out of my January Allure reservation for almost 2 weeks at this point. Royal customer service can unlock it, but when I try to access it again it just re-locks and won't let me in, and gives me various error messages. I tried the "countdown to cruise" back way in and it's the only thing that worked for me - I was able to print my set sail pass and see my luggage tags. All of the other "back doors" that were working for others weren't working for my reservation - that "countdown to cruise" link saved my bacon. :D So, maybe start there?

I think this is the direct link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/getCountdownToCruise.do

I ended up with what I think is the only competent phone person at RCCI...Stella in resolutions...when I called in about this.

This has been happening to me for weeks. It took her a couple of days but she spoke to IT who confirmed it's a known issue with the website, and that they have no ETA for a fix.

Since the issue is on their side, clearing cookies, cache, etc is unlikely to work. That said, I'd try it anyway. It did not work in my case.

As to the back door, personally that did NOT work for the first couple of weeks that I've had the issue, I got the same messages as logging in and going to my cruise. As of about a week ago the back door DOES work for me.

So...my advice would be clear cache and cookies, but don't expect it to work. If the back door also does not work, keep trying and it may start working at some point.

As to Stella...she is a bright point in a mass of useless customer service/tech support at RCCI's call center. I've spoken with other resolution reps in addition to the front line folks. She is the ONLY one that actually seems to cave at all about resolving issues, or about the person on the phone. I felt strongly enough about the difference in treatment from her that I insisted on speaking to her supervisor to share with her just how great she was. And now that I think about it I think I saw an executive email address in another thread, I think I'll hunt that down and send in an email compliment to go with.

Wouldn't you think that after someone from RCI reads these complaints that something could be done. I have tried every suggestion above and still nothing. It is so frustrating at this point. We are ready to make our final payment and I bet that I would be able to do that on line with RCI. Don't get me wrong I am totally loyal to Royal, but glitches drive me crazy when they last so very long. OK I am over it now and will try again or just call and hope I get Stella (?)

Kay

Wouldn't you think that after someone from RCI reads these complaints that something could be done. I have tried every suggestion above and still nothing. It is so frustrating at this point. We are ready to make our final payment and I bet that I would be able to do that on line with RCI. Don't get me wrong I am totally loyal to Royal, but glitches drive me crazy when they last so very long. OK I am over it now and will try again or just call and hope I get Stella (?)

Kay

I've worked in an environment where bug fixes like this get prioritized against other uses of IT's time.

The question I'm left with is if this has hasn't been fixed yet, how bad is the stuff that got ITs attention before this???

As to Stella I'm almost sorry I put her name here. She's been good to us and I'd hate to return the favor by sending a bunch of irate calls her way. :o I did just get finished sending a rather long email to Adam Goldstein about her, so hopefully that makes up for any trouble I just caused her. lol

I've worked in an environment where bug fixes like this get prioritized against other uses of IT's time.

The question I'm left with is if this has hasn't been fixed yet, how bad is the stuff that got ITs attention before this???

As to Stella I'm almost sorry I put her name here. She's been good to us and I'd hate to return the favor by sending a bunch of irate calls her way. :o I did just get finished sending a rather long email to Adam Goldstein about her, so hopefully that makes up for any trouble I just caused her. lol

I've read of other reports where people keep seeing their outstanding balance changing. This recent change has not been a smooth transition.

I've read of other reports where people keep seeing their outstanding balance changing. This recent change has not been a smooth transition.

True - when I went through the back-door, my balance was negative $1600! Does that mean I'm getting a refund?? ;) lol

FWIW, I have the problem with our upcoming Liberty cruise. I get "We're sorry, but we are unable to retrieve your booking information at this time. For assistance, please call 866-562-7625." when I try to view it, and nothing seems to help. I've already received mu luggage tags and have the setsail pass, so it's not critical. Wanted to look into reservations.

I have been on the phone to Royal (yesterday) but no joy. My plan is to try again next week. I'm hoping they are short staffed because of the holiday.

I believe that is the back door solution that has been discussed. It dors not work for everyone.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Correct. The first 2 weeks I had this issue the back door (all back door links) would not work. Starting last week, I was able to use 2 of the back door links to access and immediately saved a PDF of my luggage tags and Set Sail pass in case I can't access again prior to our sailing in 19 days...

I hold out little faith that they will have this resolved before my sailing. Oddly enough, there is no issue with my parent's reservation. I can access it as normal on the same laptop that I try accessing mine so it must be reservation # driven.

I had this issue and after several calls it tyrned out to be an issue with logging out. If you check the top of your screen and see your name after welcome..., then you are still logged in from a previous time. Two solutions, call and have a rep completely log you out or completely shut dow your computer and reboot. You can' t just logged off but have to completely shut it down. Once I learned this I have used that method every time the message comes up and have had no problem. Pain in the neck but it works.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

I've been locked out of ours for over a week. The website is the one area where RCL management consistently fails to provide great service. They really need to simplify their IT environment so that there are fewer points where something can break. While issues can crop up during transitions, the problems with their web site has been ongoing for years.

I have 2 reservations - one is fine but I'm locked out of the other one. The 'back door' method only works thru the online planner link for me (and not the countdown to cruise link - get the same error message)

I've already got the setsail pass, booked my shorex and drink package so I don't need to do anything in the online planner now . It is still another 2 weeks or so until the luggage tags will be released, and if the lock out continues, I will not be able to access them. When the time comes to print them, I think I will have to try to access the booking from a friend's computer and hopefully it will let me in.

I really don't want to call RCI here in Sydney because they have been useless - people have been complaining about this issue on the Australian RCI Facebook page and they are acting like they have never heard of such a problem and asking people to send screenshots.

I doubt they will ever get his fixed - it makes online booking pointless! :mad:

I used Bob's solution twice. The first time it didn't work so I called RCI and the CSR said he 'unlocked' my reservation. I hung up, cleared my RCCL cookies again, used Bob's solution a second try and voilà...I'm in!!! I'm not sure if clearing the cookies was necessary but I figured I had nothing to lose.

Thanks Bob.

Edited by Big_G

Maybe I'll call, but so far I've been able to get in the back door. I log in, go to Before You Board then Pre-Cruise Planner, then click to buy a drinks package. Go into the reservation NOT by just using the reservation dropdown, but put in last name, reservation number, etc, but NOT clicking to add it to my account. That has let me in, let me order the drinks packages, etc.

Today I got brave and clicked the Exit and return to cruise link, and it let me see the Planner.

And that's where I saw the weirdness. In the payment area. Of course blahblah is not my number and they have real numbers instead of x in the $-xxxx.xx spot (notice the - before the number, that's what I'm pointing out). Weird, yes? Before I got locked out it was $xxxx.xx in the Package Total area, and $0.00 as Outstanding Balance.

Wonder if that's what is causing all the problems, or if it's the symptom of the problem?

Reservation Number: blahblah s.gifStatus: Purchased s.gifPackage Total*: $0.00 USD s.gifOutstanding Balance*: $-xxxx.xx USD

Even more fun:

Summary*

Cruise Fare $0.00 USD

Other Items* $0.00 USD

Taxes/Fees $0.00 USD

Total* $0.00 USD

Edited by mollyeilis