Um, what? Ocean View becomes Interior??

runnergirl71

I was just randomly looking at the Westerdam deck plan to see where my assigned ocean view cabin is located on the ship (D1026). It is currently an Ocean View cabin, which is what I booked with the TA handling my group. Cool.

Then I noticed that the dropdown menu said "Through May 2, 2014" so I clicked it and changed to "After May 3, 2014" and suddenly all the D and C cabins on the Main Deck show as "Large Interior" when you mouse over them.

Is this some kind of website glitch or are they really going to cover the windows in those rooms and make them interior despite them being on the outer side of the hall? Because if they're doing that, I need to talk to the TA ASAP as she will either need to change me to a true Ocean View cabin or refund me the difference in price.

Yep, got an email from them a little while ago (I emailed early this morning in case no one knew of the glitch, assuming it was one). They thanked me for notifying them of the glitch and said it was fixed. Yay! :)

Even HAL is not perfect. :eek::eek:

HAL's deck plans are NOT always accurate!

A few years ago we booked 2 cabins shown on deck plan to be CONNECTING for us & 6 grandkids (each cabin held 4 people) -- no parents were on the cruise.

Well when we got into the cabin & found NO DOOR between the 2 cabins, I freaked out (being responsible for the 4 kids in the other cabin I could not access directly without going thru the hall). Dashed down to front desk & I was frantic & mad as "heck" -- of course front desk denied it was ever shown as connecting, but I called my TA & she thought the cabins were connecting too -- she called HAL & fussed at them for the deck plan error & tried to get us moved into connecting cabins but to no avail..... The only thing they could do was to open the balcony separator between the 2 cabins & that was how we went back & forth!!!